Will XFL have an NFL style play review system?

XFL Football discussion.
sergeantcline_vdf
Kicker

Will XFL have an NFL style play review system?

Post by sergeantcline_vdf »

I’m old enough to remember NFL brought back its Instant replay or review system and it was very quick the rule were coaches at two challenges a game and what could challenge for very slime and if I remember correctly (please correct me if I’m wrong) once the ref when under the hood they only got thirty seconds before feed it was cut.

Now my question is should the XFL have a system like this but heavy limited to keep the delay of game speed to an minimum ?
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Re: Will XFL have an NFL style play review system?

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

All we know about instant replay is that 1) yes, there will be one, and 2) it will be limited to 30 seconds.

I, personally, wouldn't mind if a league scrapped it altogether. It has a tendency to disrupt the flow of the game, and let's be honest: how often does it correctly fix an officiating error? Besides, the most disruptive officiating errors—the arbitrary and capricious enforcement of offensive holding penalties—have never been reviewable anyway.

I'd rather have officiating that is accurate on the first try than have to sit through replay challenges.