Will Ryan Mallett still be in the draft?

XFL Football discussion.
tshanks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Will Ryan Mallett still be in the draft?

Post by tshanks »

Since Ryan Mallett crashed his car and was arrested for DWI, do you think the XFL will be asking for their draft invite back?

Or is he afforded the rule that he is innocent until proven guilty?

Maybe DWI isn't dastardly enough to keep him out of the XFL?
Lover of the game, and looking forward to Spring football. Reporting on the XFL.
Joker
Quarterback

Re: Will Ryan Mallett still be in the draft?

Post by Joker »

I don't think it looks good for Mallett. Even if he is awaiting a court date, the XFL will likely pass on him. That is only my opinion.
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Post by Regular Joe »

I think he will still be in the draft. Might not be the first guy taken..

I don't remember anyone from the first XFL getting into legal trouble. Don't think anyone did. Mallet isn't actually on the payroll though..
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Is it felony DUI? If not, than he's going to get a look. If yes, his career's over... which is exactly what the XFL does NOT need: its best prospects disqualifying themselves.

As the AAF showed, you can't build a league around Mike Bercovici's and Luis Perez's and expect it to be good football.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Trevone Boykin recently destroyed his chances of the XFL, so I don't know if Mallett did the same. Depends on the charge.
XFLInSTL
Running Back

Post by XFLInSTL »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:33 pm Is it felony DUI? If not, than he's going to get a look. If yes, his career's over... which is exactly what the XFL does NOT need: its best prospects disqualifying themselves.

As the AAF showed, you can't build a league around Mike Bercovici's and Luis Perez's and expect it to be good football.
Bercovici and Perez were certainly not the best QBs in the league and the quality of football overall was pretty decent. I do think the XFL's will be much better but the reality is that the AAF did not fail because of how good the on field play was.
St. Louis Battlehawks