CBS SPORTS AB XFL IN THE MIX

XFL Football discussion.
Regular Joe
Quarterback

CBS SPORTS AB XFL IN THE MIX

Post by Regular Joe »

#5 Option "and the one we all want to see" :D

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/anto ... team-odds/
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.
XFLGUY
Quarterback

Re: CBS SPORTS AB XFL IN THE MIX

Post by XFLGUY »

Patriots grabbed him.. πŸ™„
Shooter McGav1n
Receiver

Post by Shooter McGav1n »

XFLGUY wrote: ↑Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:25 pm Patriots grabbed him.. πŸ™„
Thank God, all the Andrew Luck to the XFL talk was annoying, same with AB to the XFL.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

I was briefly entertaining the Hawks grabbing him just so they could take him back to Pittsburgh next week

Other than that, who cares
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Count this as one of the dumbest hot takes to ever be uttered by a major national broadcaster.

Personally, I'd rather see Roger Goodell step in the way David Stern did with the NBA and stop this kind of chicanery that lets contracted players temper-tantrum their way to teams that already have enough talent.
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Post by Regular Joe »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: ↑Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:44 pm Count this as one of the dumbest hot takes to ever be uttered by a major national broadcaster.
I thought it was great. XFL had better chance then Buffalo... or The G Men!

The guy sounds like a fan, and it shows the league, through its hard work, has an air of legitimacy. And fun.
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Post by Regular Joe »

XFLGUY wrote: ↑Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:25 pm Patriots grabbed him.. πŸ™„
Hoping the AB vibe carries over in New England.

Go Steelers.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Regular Joe wrote: ↑Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:17 pm
johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: ↑Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:44 pm Count this as one of the dumbest hot takes to ever be uttered by a major national broadcaster.
Are you kidding me?!

If he refuses to play in Buffalo or Oakland, what makes anyone think he's going to take a spot in a league that only pays $175,000 a year max to non-quarterbacks? I mean, this league can't even lure its potential starting quarterbacks away from the practice squads. To quote Allen Iverson, "we talkin' 'bout PRACTICE?" If Cardale Jones turns down the XFL, what makes anyone think a diva like Antonio Brown, with his salary demands well into seven figures, is going to accept a second-tier league's offer?

This is about Brown trying to get his contract invalidated so he could go to the Patriots. It was underhanded and should be illegal. Neither he nor any other big-name NFL free agent is signing with the XFL. Period. Get that dumb idea out of your head if it's there.
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Post by Regular Joe »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: ↑Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:08 am
Regular Joe wrote: ↑Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:17 pm
Are you kidding me?!

If he refuses to play in Buffalo or Oakland, what makes anyone think he's going to take a spot in a league that only pays $175,000 a year max to non-quarterbacks? I mean, this league can't even lure its potential starting quarterbacks away from the practice squads. To quote Allen Iverson, "we talkin' 'bout PRACTICE?" If Cardale Jones turns down the XFL, what makes anyone think a diva like Antonio Brown, with his salary demands well into seven figures, is going to accept a second-tier league's offer?

This is about Brown trying to get his contract invalidated so he could go to the Patriots. It was underhanded and should be illegal. Neither he nor any other big-name NFL free agent is signing with the XFL. Period. Get that dumb idea out of your head if it's there.
Relax there buddy! I thought it was funny it was actually an article on CBS sports and the author was having fun with it. As if Vince upped the cash, he'd have a better shot at AB then the Giants. Great stuff.

In 2001 it was all hate, in 2019 its CBS writing about the XFLs "chance" at landing the sports top receiver.