LA:Cardale Jones
Seattle:Paxton Lynch

TB:Ryan Mallett
NY:Tyree Jackson
DC:Kevin Hogan
STL:Brandon Silvers

Thoughts:
1.Kinda just guessed with DC.
2.Not sure if the Lions workout tomorrow will do anything for Jackson, but until he's signed I'll hold out hope for him to play in NY.
3.As for Johnny football I'm not sure if he'll be a starter, but I'm just gonna put him down as the Roughnecks QB until proven otherwise.
4.LA, Dallas and Tampa seem pretty certain IMO.
I like your predictions. Does the XFL announce a top tier signing this week?

I have my fingers crossed on Devlin Hodges. I think Lynch and Jones may land NFL jobs before or right after week one of the NFL season.
As a Wildcats fan I've got my fingers crossed that the XFL can get Cardale Jones. I've heard that 6 teams are clamoring for Brian Hoyer so that's not good for the outlook of XFL QB's over the next week...
I like it but I think JT Barrett Should get a shot somewhere too.. .maybe DC?
Xtremedb3
Running Back

Re: NFL CUT TRACKER

Post by Xtremedb3 »

The Bills just signed Davis Webb to practice squad... I'm starting to think the XFL is going to snag Tyree afterall
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

LeoNY wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:06 pm Devlin Hodges is awesome. The XFL should be looking at him as a tier one quarterback. I know that sounds crazy but he’s real good. Broke records in college. I would entertain the XFL if I were him. Start in the XFL and then reevaluate NFL options in late April.
FWIW on Twitter, Hodges posted "@XFL2020" with a hand-waving emoji. Not sure what it means, but I presume it means something.
@gregmparks
Shooter McGav1n
Receiver

Post by Shooter McGav1n »

GregParks wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:10 pm
LeoNY wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:06 pm Devlin Hodges is awesome. The XFL should be looking at him as a tier one quarterback. I know that sounds crazy but he’s real good. Broke records in college. I would entertain the XFL if I were him. Start in the XFL and then reevaluate NFL options in late April.
FWIW on Twitter, Hodges posted "@XFL2020" with a hand-waving emoji. Not sure what it means, but I presume it means something.
It means ‘hey XFL, look at me!’, he’s clearly interested it playing for the league. The question now becomes, are they interested in signing him or adding him to the draft pool?
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

XFL_FAN wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:58 pm My QB predictions as of 9/1/19:

Dallas:Landry Jones
Houston:John Manziel
LA:Cardale Jones
Seattle:Paxton Lynch

TB:Ryan Mallett
NY:Tyree Jackson
DC:Kevin Hogan
STL:Brandon Silvers

I forgot to mention that I think that Connor Cook is a possibility to be a part of this group. Particularly with STL since Cook and Hayes were with Cincy last year. That’s not a bad group of quarterbacks you have there.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

Shooter McGav1n wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:50 pm
GregParks wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:10 pm
It means ‘hey XFL, look at me!’, he’s clearly interested it playing for the league. The question now becomes, are they interested in signing him or adding him to the draft pool?
Since the league is reaching out to him. It’s a matter now of what you just stated. The opinion of the XFL staffs on Hodges.

The XFL is probably going to sit back as a league and reassess the available quarterbacks and then decide who the eight top tier players are. I think each team is going to have a large say in it. If it was my call. I’d sign Hodges to a contract now. He doesn’t have the pro resume obviously but he has star written all over him.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

Brian Hoyer has expectedly signed with the Colts. What's unexpected, is the 3 year, 12 million part of it.
Ready for the team reveals...again
Shooter McGav1n
Receiver

XFL_FAN wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:43 am Brian Hoyer has expectedly signed with the Colts. What's unexpected, is the 3 year, 12 million part of it.
With the signing of an experienced backup, do they still keep Kelly? If I’m not mistaken, they only went with 2 qbs last season.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

Shooter McGav1n wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:53 am
XFL_FAN wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:43 am Brian Hoyer has expectedly signed with the Colts. What's unexpected, is the 3 year, 12 million part of it.
With the signing of an experienced backup, do they still keep Kelly? If I’m not mistaken, they only went with 2 qbs last season.
You see, as a Colts fan I figured we'd bring in a backup for 2 games and then roll w/ Swag after his suspension. Now that Hoyer has this 3 year deal, I'm guessing that they keep Kelly anyways and roll w/ 3 qb's. The coaching staff likes him and he played too well in the preseason to be cut.
Ready for the team reveals...again
Shooter McGav1n
Receiver

XFL_FAN wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:19 am
Shooter McGav1n wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:53 am
You see, as a Colts fan I figured we'd bring in a backup for 2 games and then roll w/ Swag after his suspension. Now that Hoyer has this 3 year deal, I'm guessing that they keep Kelly anyways and roll w/ 3 qb's. The coaching staff likes him and he played too well in the preseason to be cut.
That makes sense, and seems like the most likely outcome, but as an XFL fan, I want them to release Kelly so we can watch him in the spring.