NFL CUT TRACKER

XFL Football discussion.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Re: NFL CUT TRACKER

Post by XFL_FAN »

Notable guys who are still around (As of 4:06 PM ET):

QB:Cardale Jones, Brian Hoyer (for now), Paxton Lynch, Cody Kessler, Tom Savage, Kevin Hogan, Luis Perez, and Taylor Heinicke. (Tyree Jackson to work out for the Lions)

RB:Jay Ajayi, Thomas Rawls, Jacquizz Rodgers, Charcandrick West, Cameron Artis-Payne, Andre Ellington and Elijah McGuire.

WR:Jaron Brown, Brice Butler, Josh Doctson, Jordan Matthews, Braxton Miller, Eli Rogers, Demaryius Thomas, Laquon Treadwell, Rashad Ross and Greg Ward Jr.

TE: Dwayne Allen, Logan Paulsen, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Eric Tomlinson and Luke Willson.

OL: Jeff Allen, Parker Ehinger, Josh Garnett, Hroniss Grasu, Martez Ivey, Sam Jones, Rees Odhiambo, Jermey Parnell and J'Marcus Webb.

DL:Tank Carradine, Willie Henry, Evander “Ziggy” Hood, Datone Jones, Earl Mitchell, Caraun Reid, Sylvester Williams, Muhammad Wilkerson and Anthony Zettel.

Edge:Kylie Fitts, Dion Jordan, Damontre Moore, Nick Perry, Shane Ray and Noah Spence.

LB:Stephone Anthony, Deshaun Davis, Gary Johnson, Brandon Marshall and Ramik Wilson.

DB:Briean Boddy-Calhoun, Adrian Colbert, Kurt Coleman, Su'a Cravens, E.J. Gaines, George Iloka, T.J. McDonald, Captain Munnerlyn, Orlando Scandrick, Deshawn Shead and Teez Tabor.

K:Sam Ficken, Elliott Fry, Greg Joseph, Giorgio Tavecchio and Blair Walsh.
Ready for the team reveals...again
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Another name to watch: QB/WR David Sills. Recently cut by the Bills... might make their practice squad, though. XFL did say they are looking for versatile utility backs like him
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

Devlin Hodges is awesome. The XFL should be looking at him as a tier one quarterback. I know that sounds crazy but he’s real good. Broke records in college. I would entertain the XFL if I were him. Start in the XFL and then reevaluate NFL options in late April.
Shooter McGav1n
Receiver

Post by Shooter McGav1n »

LeoNY wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:06 pm Devlin Hodges is awesome. The XFL should be looking at him as a tier one quarterback. I know that sounds crazy but he’s real good. Broke records in college. I would entertain the XFL if I were him. Start in the XFL and then reevaluate NFL options in late April.
He’s definitely tier 1 for me, they should be working to sign him before someone decides to put him on a practice squad.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Shooter McGav1n wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:12 pm
LeoNY wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:06 pm Devlin Hodges is awesome. The XFL should be looking at him as a tier one quarterback. I know that sounds crazy but he’s real good. Broke records in college. I would entertain the XFL if I were him. Start in the XFL and then reevaluate NFL options in late April.
He’s definitely tier 1 for me, they should be working to sign him before someone decides to put him on a practice squad.
I am on this bandwagon as well. I am trying not to get my hopes up. I can tell you this. The league has reached out to his agent. Whether or not a deal gets done is another story. How the league’s personnel department views Hodges is another story altogether. If he is seen as just draft invite worthy. Then Hodges might go the NFL route for now. If the league’s football brass sees him like some of us do. He gets offered a top tier contract. That’s something that I personally would do. I think he’s worth it.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

Greg Ward is on the Eagles practice squad now:

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/09/eagles ... ad-roster/
According to reports, the Eagles have added nine total players to the practice squad, including:
QB Kyle Lauletta
RB Boston Scott
WR Marcus Green
OL Sua Opeta
LB Alex Singleton
TE Alex Ellis
WR Greg Ward Jr.
TE Joshua Perkins
DT Bruce Hector
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

My QB predictions as of 9/1/19:

Dallas:Landry Jones
Houston:John Manziel
LA:Cardale Jones
Seattle:Paxton Lynch

TB:Ryan Mallett
NY:Tyree Jackson
DC:Kevin Hogan
STL:Brandon Silvers

Thoughts:
1.Kinda just guessed with DC.
2.Not sure if the Lions workout tomorrow will do anything for Jackson, but until he's signed I'll hold out hope for him to play in NY.
3.As for Johnny football I'm not sure if he'll be a starter, but I'm just gonna put him down as the Roughnecks QB until proven otherwise.
4.LA, Dallas and Tampa seem pretty certain IMO.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

XFL_FAN wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:58 pm My QB predictions as of 9/1/19:

Thoughts:
2.Not sure if the Lions workout tomorrow will do anything for Jackson, but until he's signed I'll hold out hope for him to play in NY.
3.As for Johnny football I'm not sure if he'll be a starter, but I'm just gonna put him down as the Roughnecks QB until proven otherwise.
I like your predictions. Does the XFL announce a top tier signing this week?

I have my fingers crossed on Devlin Hodges. I think Lynch and Jones may land NFL jobs before or right after week one of the NFL season.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

LeoNY wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:10 pm
XFL_FAN wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:58 pm My QB predictions as of 9/1/19:

Thoughts:
I like your predictions. Does the XFL announce a top tier signing this week?

I have my fingers crossed on Devlin Hodges. I think Lynch and Jones may land NFL jobs before or right after week one of the NFL season.
As a Wildcats fan I've got my fingers crossed that the XFL can get Cardale Jones. I've heard that 6 teams are clamoring for Brian Hoyer so that's not good for the outlook of XFL QB's over the next week...
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

DeShone Kizer just signed with Oakland.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... o-raiders/

Which means one of their current backups, Peterman or Glennon, is a likely goner.