Helmets

XFL Football discussion.
craig
Kicker

Helmets

Post by craig »

We've got names, colors and logos. Another area where football teams are identified is the helmet design. I assume most, if not all, will use their logo on the side of the helmet. But, as we've seen with a host of college teams, the helmet can become a canvass for creativity.

A couple teams logos would look good in a less than traditional style.

I could see the Vipers use their logo on the rear of the helmet---like Oregon does with their stylized "O". Maybe a number on one side.

The other is the BattleHawks. Maybe a "Eagles-type" logo or combine it with Oregon's "ghosted" feathers look.

I think the Guardians could go with the New York skyline around the back of the helmet and move the Gargoyles logo to the sleeve cap.

Other ideas?

CB
jcestl
Running Back

Re: Helmets

Post by jcestl »

I'm with you on the StL helmet. Wings on side (Eagles style) with maybe the sword used for a center stripe. Hilt at back, point at front
XFLSTLOUIS
Receiver

Post by XFLSTLOUIS »

100% agree that the STL helmet should have two large single wings on each side with the sword down the middle, much like the Michigan Wolverines and Philadelphia Eagles helmets only better with the sword stripe. The STL fans need to launch a campaign for this with the local and central XFL. It would be the best helmet in the XFL by far.
Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

Those helmets are going to be off the hook. There is nothing better than a brand new shiny helmet with a crisp logo.

Can’t you tell I’m a fan of collecting mini-helmets?
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
GoDogs
Running Back

Post by GoDogs »

craig wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:40 pm We've got names, colors and logos. Another area where football teams are identified is the helmet design. I assume most, if not all, will use their logo on the side of the helmet. But, as we've seen with a host of college teams, the helmet can become a canvass for creativity.

I think the Guardians could go with the New York skyline around the back of the helmet and move the Gargoyles logo to the sleeve cap.

Other ideas?

CB
I like your quote, helmets can become a canvas of creativity. There are some lids that are timeless (Michigan), and others that evolve (Oregon).

Your Guardians idea sounds good, similar to the AAF’s San Antonio helmet. The stand alone logo can work as well.

For the Vipers, I hope the go with the alt. logo (see official website) Viper head.

There’s also an alt. logo for the roughnecks (it’s similar to the old NY/NJ logo). I hope it’s not used as the primary with oil rig and bold H looks good.

LA’s gotta do something other than the interlocking LA. The alt. is a claw mark. Maybe an LA on one side, paw on the other? Or LA with a paw wrapped around it? Red stripe down the middle.

Seattle’s Dragon is SOLID! Can’t put it on gold tho (too much like UAB). But it should be on a lighter color so the logo can pop! The fade mask should match the logos color (green?).

It’s going to be fun too see what these guys come up with.
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

For LA I'd love to see something almost like the Bengals. Except with a black helmet and instead of stripes do claw marks in either orange or red.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

XtremeFanForever wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:49 am For LA I'd love to see something almost like the Bengals. Except with a black helmet and instead of stripes do claw marks in either orange or red.
That sounds like a real possibility since LA has not yet adopted any cat like logos thus far.
craig
Kicker

Post by craig »

I'm guessing the Wildcats use the monogram LA on the helmet and the "claw marks" secondary logo on the sleeve cap.

CB
jcestl
Running Back

Post by jcestl »

I was gonna guess the opposite for LA. I'm thinking maybe the claw marks on the helmet. The way they're curved makes me suspect that. I could be wrong of course. My team name guesses were certainly wildly innacurate.
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

jcestl wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:12 pm I was gonna guess the opposite for LA. I'm thinking maybe the claw marks on the helmet. The way they're curved makes me suspect that. I could be wrong of course. My team name guesses were certainly wildly innacurate.
I had this thought after seeing the secondary logo, too. Would look cool on a black helmet.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3