I'm Stuck Between 2 Teams. Which Should I Pick?

XFL Football discussion.
XFL_FAN
Coach

I'm Stuck Between 2 Teams. Which Should I Pick?

Post by XFL_FAN »

I'm stuck between the Wildcats and the Renegades.

Wildcats-
Pros:Best President in the league in Heather Karatz. Arguably the most fun HC in the league with WInston Moss (plus he follows me on Twitter ;) ). Also they've got Norm Chow as their OC and Pepper Johnson as their DC. It's a pretty solid organization here.

Cons: They're in the same conference as Dallas, Houston, and Seattle. Making the playoffs is a tall order for LA. Also their branding is okay, but I can deal with it. They have one of the smallest fan bases in the league too. Can they get good attendance?

Renegades-
Pros:They've got Stoops, Mumme, Moose and it looks like they're gonna have Landry Jones as their QB. Also they have an instant rivalry with Houston which would be fun. This team seems playoff bound right now. Plus their fanbase is one of the biggest in the league. Their games will be fun to watch on TV. Also logo is solid.

Cons: With all their focus on offense, their defense may be neglected. We'll see.

Which team should I pick guys?
Ready for the team reveals...again
Firecop
Coach

Re: I'm Stuck Between 2 Teams. Which Should I Pick?

Post by Firecop »

Renegades, definitely! Looking at your pros and cons there is no certain con for them, just your perception that the D will suffer because of the quality of the O that is also not certain. Nothing is for sure, so go where you'll have lots of rabid fans to root with and an instant rivalry.
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
CanadianRenegade
Kicker

Post by CanadianRenegade »

I'm in a similar situation. Obviously i'll be cheering for my Dallas Renegades, however typically for each sport I cheer for one team in the east and one team in the west. right now for my east team I'm torn between St. Louis and New York.
Shooter McGav1n
Receiver

Post by Shooter McGav1n »

XFL_FAN wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:29 am I'm stuck between the Wildcats and the Renegades.

Wildcats-
Pros:Best President in the league in Heather Karatz. Arguably the most fun HC in the league with WInston Moss (plus he follows me on Twitter ;) ). Also they've got Norm Chow as their OC and Pepper Johnson as their DC. It's a pretty solid organization here.

Cons: They're in the same conference as Dallas, Houston, and Seattle. Making the playoffs is a tall order for LA. Also their branding is okay, but I can deal with it. They have one of the smallest fan bases in the league too. Can they get good attendance?

Renegades-
Pros:They've got Stoops, Mumme, Moose and it looks like they're gonna have Landry Jones as their QB. Also they have an instant rivalry with Houston which would be fun. This team seems playoff bound right now. Plus their fanbase is one of the biggest in the league. Their games will be fun to watch on TV. Also logo is solid.

Cons: With all their focus on offense, their defense may be neglected. We'll see.

Why do you have to choose one or the other, how about both? You’ll figure out which one is you favorite when they play head to head, if not before.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

Shooter McGav1n wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:22 am
XFL_FAN wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:29 am I'm stuck between the Wildcats and the Renegades.

Wildcats-

Renegades-

Why do you have to choose one or the other, how about both? You’ll figure out which one is you favorite when they play head to head, if not before.
So buy merch from both teams?
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

I wouldn't necessarily assume the defense will suffer, the most prolific Air Raid team in college (Stoops/Mumme pal Mike Leach, and the Spurrier link with Scott on the Renegades staff and SJ on Leach's) has had a pretty good D the last few years, relating here with Alex Grinch (now at OU). Red zone and turnovers were the thing.

For that matter the Apollos defense had a lot of the same characteristics, so maybe the Renegades end up with Terence Garvin
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

Wildcats-

Renegades-

That’s a tough one. Both teams are built well from top to bottom. You might have to base it on the better uniform.

Both teams have old school sounding team names I actually like the Wildcats name and logo better.

I would choose Dallas. Stoops and Moss are awesome but I am a Stoops guy. I wouldn’t forget that he is actually a defensive coach. The Renegades D should be fine.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

CanadianRenegade wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:16 am I'm in a similar situation. Obviously i'll be cheering for my Dallas Renegades, however typically for each sport I cheer for one team in the east and one team in the west. right now for my east team I'm torn between St. Louis and New York.
Root for NY. What the hell is a battle hawk anyway? I am just kidding. Those two teams are top contenders for best logo and colors for sure.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Wildcats-

Renegades-

That’s a very difficult choice. You might have to use uniforms and players as the tie breaker.

It’s going to be hard to root against both. Don’t sleep on Bob Stoops. He’s a defensive coach. I am sure that Dallas is going to be good on that side of the ball.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

I'm kinda nervous that the Renegades name and logo might get in a lawsuit and then they'll have to change it. You think that'll happen? There's no copyright stuff with LA for obvious reasons.