XFL should hire Johnny Manziel

XFL Football discussion.
tshanks
UFLBoard Correspondent

XFL should hire Johnny Manziel

Post by tshanks »

I believe the league should take a chance on Johnny Manziel and let him play in Houston under June Jones. The fans would love it, and hopefully he would get a real chance to show off his talents.

If they are worried about his past, give him a contract like the CFL did, with certain stipulations, so if things go bad they can part ways.
Lover of the game, and looking forward to Spring football. Reporting on the XFL.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Re: XFL should hire Johnny Manziel

Post by XFL_FAN »

tshanks wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:30 pm I believe the league should take a chance on Johnny Manziel and let him play in Houston under June Jones. The fans would love it, and hopefully he would get a real chance to show off his talents.

If they are worried about his past, give him a contract like the CFL did, with certain stipulations, so if things go bad they can part ways.
I agree. Johnny Manziel belongs with the Houston Vipers and June Jones.
Ready for the team reveals...again
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

tshanks wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:30 pm I believe the league should take a chance on Johnny Manziel and let him play in Houston under June Jones. The fans would love it, and hopefully he would get a real chance to show off his talents.

His issue never not getting the chance to show off his talents. If he can keep his off field stuff under control and not get in trouble. He still have an NFL job. If he can prove that he can keep that under control and focus on football, he would be a great addition for any team.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

I am for it. I am not a huge Manziel fan as a player but you got nothing to lose by extending him a contract. Does he fall under the top tier category and get a contract as one of the elite eight or is he in the draft pool like Ryan Mallet and Brandon Silvers.
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

LeoNY wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:57 pm I am for it. I am not a huge Manziel fan as a player but you got nothing to lose by extending him a contract. Does he fall under the top tier category and get a contract as one of the elite eight or is he in the draft pool like Ryan Mallet and Brandon Silvers.
I'm going to guess elite 8. Only because he was a starter in the NFL and has this name value even if for the wrong reason. I think the former starter part is what gets him elite 8. Honestly Hakeem Nicks got an invite, to me he would be more an elite player since he was a Superbowl WR and had some good years with the Giants.
2lit
Kicker

Post by 2lit »

Yea....no
Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

I think the XFL should take a shot. Texas fans would eat it up.
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

I have previously referred to the XFL as a second chance league, not a third chance league. The league doesn't Manziel and all his baggage. I'd much rather see a young guy who never got to prove his worth than a remedial retread.
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
GoDogs
Running Back

Post by GoDogs »

XFL_FAN wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:43 pm

I agree. Johnny Manziel belongs with the Houston Vipers and June Jones.

Agree 99%....Houston should be the Outlaws...Manziel. June Jones system, match made in heaven! Aggieland would be all in!!!
nick1091
Running Back

Post by nick1091 »

"Need," is subjective, but let's not forget the XFL has some pretty big stadiums that they need to fill. Given the likelihood of who they could/would sign, he'd likely start the season as probably the player with the biggest name value in the league (though admittedly a lot of it not positive.)

Obviously a lot of this is presumptive, but playing in his home state for June Jones would make for a pretty compelling story, and hopefully create a decent environment for him to try to stay on the straight and narrow.