The XFL teases team logos on social media

XFL Football discussion.
EDSN
Kicker

Re: The XFL teases team logos on social media

Post by EDSN »

Zero issue with the teases. It’s far from an AAF thing. Sports entities have been doing this for a long time. New logos, uniforms, etc. I get some are impatient, but none of us are new to sports I don’t think.

I’m pretty sure all the identities are done and ready to go, they are just playing up the hype. It’s annoying but it’s definitely the current fad in sports when it comes to branding. They have handled everything else at a smooth pace so I don’t think this will be any different. Just enjoy the ride folks.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

When the AAF did it, they teased in batches. Does this mean we are in for a bunch more teaser logos in the next week, leading up to teases of all eight logos? If so, this could be painful.

More importantly, today’s teaser did not resonate with any mainstream media outlets. The only places reporting today’s teaser were XFL fan sites. This could be the most important takeaway.
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

Oh yeah... my guess is Houston Vipers for the snake logo and the "D" is part of the logo for the "DC" team. Just guesses. :D
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

MarkNelson wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:31 pm
More importantly, today’s teaser did not resonate with any mainstream media outlets. The only places reporting today’s teaser were XFL fan sites. This could be the most important takeaway.
I wouldn't expect any mainstream sports media sites to pick up on this. There's literally nothing to report - it's hard to put a teaser of a logo into a news story. This seems like it was throwing the hardcore fans a bone, specifically the ones who have been impatiently waiting for the logos/names.
@gregmparks
EDSN
Kicker

Post by EDSN »

Exactly what Greg said. Mainstream media will pick up on it when the official reveal happens. This was 100% the league telling us league nerds “it’s time. Buckle up.”
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

GregParks wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:42 pm
MarkNelson wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:31 pm
I wouldn't expect any mainstream sports media sites to pick up on this. There's literally nothing to report - it's hard to put a teaser of a logo into a news story. This seems like it was throwing the hardcore fans a bone, specifically the ones who have been impatiently waiting for the logos/names.
I have to go along with Greg on this one. The logo teases are so obscure and minor. It’s not like the Landry Jones story.

The Landry Jones story got big time traction just a day earlier. It was one of the top trends on Twitter and was covered by all the major football news sources. Not to mention the obvious tie ins of Fox and ESPN featuring it on their sports trackers all day on television.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

EDSN wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:45 pmThis was 100% the league telling us league nerds “it’s time. Buckle up.”
They would have better served saying just that. This is sort of like poking an irritated bear.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

I can't believe all the league was aiming to do was to tease hard-core fans and telling them to "buckle up." There is nothing to gain by doing that. Hard-core fans are already "buckled up." In fact, most of them are saying, "are we there yet?"

I am sure the XFL did this because they want to begin to build hype for their big reveal. So far, only the hard core fans have taken notice... and from what I have seen they are not overly impressed. Just read the comments here and on twitter and reddit. They just want to get to the official reveal.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

MarkNelson wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:53 pm I can't believe all the league was aiming to do was to tease hard-core fans and telling them to "buckle up." There is nothing to gain by doing that. Hard-core fans are already "buckled up." In fact, most of them are saying, "are we there yet?"

I am sure the XFL did this because they want to begin to build hype for their big reveal. So far, only the hard core fans have taken notice... and from what I have seen they are not overly impressed. Just read the comments here and on twitter and reddit. They just want to get to the official reveal.
This is a good point. I don’t know how accurate it is but I really wonder if all the logos are even done yet. I mean the league has to have chosen the names, for them to tease a couple of the logos. I think the logos are not all done yet. Those trademarks and likenesses are probably going to be filed the day of the announcement. No reason to even do it beforehand. They could file the trademarks the moment they announce it.

Here’s the thing. There are actually people who up until today, who really thought that the league was folding or a tax write off scam due to no names being released. There are people who before today who actually thought that the league might not have team names at all.

So someone with the league decided to throw the maniacal morons a bone. When the majority of the clear headed die hards know that we are getting the identities. They may not be for some exactly when we wanted them but we knew that we were getting them. This league is really happening. As hard as that is for many to believe.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

MarkNelson wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:36 pm Oh yeah... my guess is Houston Vipers for the snake logo and the "D" is part of the logo for the "DC" team. Just guesses. :D
This could be an omen that one of those Seattle names is possible. I state that because I have heard of Texas rattlesnakes but I am not so sure how synonymous Vipers are with Houston. Kind of like Dragons with Seattle. Personally I have no issues with either name but they don’t necessarily have direct local tie ins.

To contradict myself. It’s worth noting that in the Seattle filings. No logos were posted with any of those trademarks. Usually in a team filing. There is a logo that goes with it. None of those Seattle filings had any kind of logos as a part of the filings.