Team names to be announced 8/21 per June Jones

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Re: Team names to be announced 8/21 per June Jones

Post by LeoNY »

Next week could be the time where the league announces the date of their reveal. So maybe the XFL lets everyone know the date on 8/21. Wishful thinking but I think that it’s going to be teased a week in advance
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

LeoNY wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:12 pm Next week could be the time where the league announces the date of their reveal. So maybe the XFL lets everyone know the date on 8/21. Wishful thinking but I think that it’s going to be teased a week in advance
Let's hope
Ready for the team reveals...again
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

XFLNewsroom wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:33 pm I just spoke with someone at the league on this, and they are saying it's not true. I guess we'll know soon enough.
The only word that I have gotten from several people inside the league that is that the hope is that everything is completed by the end of this month. It’s a combination of creative and the legal process right now.

People like June Jones have been told the same thing.
greensoup
Kicker

Post by greensoup »

That's too soon. It's a long-known maxim in marketing to not announce new things in August. This is because it's late summer and people are on vacation and/or don't care, they're just breezing through Labor Day. The announcements should come in early/mid September for maximum impact as that's when people really tune back in to the world.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

greensoup wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:34 pm That's too soon. It's a long-known maxim in marketing to not announce new things in August. This is because it's late summer and people are on vacation and/or don't care, they're just breezing through Labor Day. The announcements should come in early/mid September for maximum impact as that's when people really tune back in to the world.
...and they're paying attention to their NFL teams instead of looking for what else is on.
greensoup
Kicker

Post by greensoup »

Come on now, we all know that by mid-September the fans in at least three of these cities will be disappointed and primed for something exciting to look forward to in the football world. :lol:
AmericanNoise
Kicker

Post by AmericanNoise »

greensoup wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm Come on now, we all know that by mid-September the fans in at least three of these cities will be disappointed and primed for something exciting to look forward to in the football world. :lol:
New York because all football dreams there are dead, St. Louis if the Cardinals collapse, Dallas if the Zeke situation continues (cause without him that team sucks), LA is probably fine with the Chargers and Rams, Seattle should be fine, Houston should be fine unless the injury bug bites them yet again, Tampa Bay is probably gonna suck, and DC probably will suck.

That’s three desperate, one or two maybes, and three or four probably nots.