Has anyone decided on their favorite team?

XFL Football discussion.
Shooter McGav1n
Receiver

Re: Has anyone decided on their favorite team?

Post by Shooter McGav1n »

I’m in PA, so I don’t have a local team. I’m not planning on choosing a team until we have rosters and a better idea what the teams will look like. Having said that, Dallas is my early favorite just because I think Coach Stoops is the best Coach in the league. If they pick up Landry Jones, that will probably seal the deal.
I also think it’s likely that I’ll end up with a few other favorite teams as the season goes along, it’s hard to say who the breakout stars will be until they actually start paying games.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

I'm kind of in the same area as Mike Mitchell in that I'm rooting for the league. I really want to see it do well......that said,. I'm in Seattle....... Let's go Surge.

IMG_20190723_105023.jpg
IMG_20190723_105023.jpg (32.13 KiB) Viewed 2949 times
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Branding and the players is going to add a lot of personality to each team, but if I were unaffiliated, here would be my current likability rankings:

Houston
Dallas

Los Angeles
Tampa
DC
Seattle

New York
St. Louis
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
jalgeri
Rookie

Post by jalgeri »

I’m with Houston. Big fan of June Jones and the run and shoot offense. May also root for NY if Gilbride decides to use the run and shoot like he did in the NFL with the Oilers
nick1091
Running Back

Post by nick1091 »

I moved from the NY area to Atlanta this year so devoid a local team (Tampa Bay would be closest by distance, but still fairly far, and there's not really a collaborative spirit between GA and FL) I'm sort of looking forward to being a "free agent." I'm likely to determine my favorite largely based on personnel.

I don't think branding will play a big role - I think I'd be more likely to dislike a team with a name I didn't like versus gravitate towards one I did.
greensoup
Kicker

Post by greensoup »

nick1091 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:07 pm I think I'd be more likely to dislike a team with a name I didn't like versus gravitate towards one I did.
Agree 100%. A boring, generic, identity-less name, or just something that SOUNDS wrong, is a big turn-off for me. Any name that doesn't offend will take on merits as the team establishes itself on the field. Cowboys is a stupid name, and I called them the Cowgirls for a decade. But does it work? Yes, because the team has a personality. The Panthers? Two super bowl appearances and still sounds like a high school team.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Being an XFL Seattle fan, I would still prefer Seattle Tsunami to Surge; sorry Sounder!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
AmericanNoise
Kicker

Post by AmericanNoise »

Dallas, because I live there. Plus Bob Stoops is the most qualified coach in the league by far.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Firecop wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:39 pm Being an XFL Seattle fan, I would still prefer Seattle Tsunami to Surge; sorry Sounder!
I'd go Surge for a couple of Seattle tie-ins, albeit both have varying degrees of reach:

Michael Sinclair played for the Sacramento Surge and then had a nice decade-run with the Hawks

His linemate with the Surge, Goldberg, made his WWE debut in Seattle the night after Wrestlemania XIX

But the name does sound generic
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

I'm of course St. Louis as well. Have to get behind the local team, it's going to be a crazy period of time for sports in the area. Which is a must to really promote to get people to fill the dome which currently local talks hasn't been very well known as I would want it. They did have coverage on the showcase but they really need to put up build board and drive the point of Football is back in ST. Louis campaign. Since there going against Blues late season which we saw ended in June. Now MLS is going to be made official Tues which will start running close to the same period. So a couple years as long XFL is successful which we all want it to be. It's going to be crazy but nothing but exciting for the sports picture in St. Louis.