More high-powered hires for the XFL including NBC Sports Veteran Len Mead

XFL Football discussion.
tshanks
UFLBoard Correspondent

More high-powered hires for the XFL including NBC Sports Veteran Len Mead

Post by tshanks »

I see the XFL head office has hired Len Mead away from NBC.
Len Mead has joined as Vice President, Media Partnerships in the league’s headquarters in Stamford, CT. He will manage the day-to-day relationships with the XFL’s broadcast partners FOX Sports and ABC/ESPN as well as exploring potential new partners in TV, radio, and other platforms. Len joins the XFL after nine years with NBC Sports Regional Networks where he was initially hired as VP Production & Programming for then Comcast Sportsnet New England before moving west to be General Manager of NBC Sports Northwest. Prior to NBC, Len worked in programming at NESN and ESPN where he was on the original launch team of ‘ESPN360’ (now ESPN3) and conceived the ‘Megacast’ concept which ESPN continues to use around major events.
https://xflboard.com/news/2019/08/07/mo ... r-the-xfl/
Lover of the game, and looking forward to Spring football. Reporting on the XFL.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: More high-powered hires for the XFL including NBC Sports Veteran Len Mead

Post by MikeMitchell »

[quote][as well as exploring potential new partners in TV, radio, and other platforms. /quote]

Good hire of Len Mead. Interesting note in the quote. The TV part as far as new partners is interesting. I am looking forward to seeing what type of radio deals are made.
Sounder
Coach

Re: More high-powered hires for the XFL including NBC Sports Veteran Len Mead

Post by Sounder »

I think since both tv outlets also have national radio.....I think why not?
Whether local stations do their own coverage.....I'm not sure. The Seahawks have Q13 Fox and 710 ESPN in Seattle. Who wouldn't want to hear Kevin Calabro on the call. Yes Kevin does football.