CFL 2019 Season

XFL Football discussion.
XFLInSTL
Running Back

Re: CFL 2019 Season

Post by XFLInSTL »

LeoNY wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:12 pm
Tank55 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:09 pm I appreciate that it's different. Makes it fun in a way that the AAF, for example, was lacking. But yeah, two and outs are rough.
The AAF lacked any innovation. Besides eliminating the kickoff, not allowing more than five rushers and using 2001 XFL camera angles.
I liked their onside conversion idea, but I am probably in the minority.
Apparently the Broncos liked it enough to propose it to the competition committee.
St. Louis Battlehawks
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Winless Montreal enters the fourth quarter a 12 point lead on undefeated Hamilton.

EDIT: I was watching without sound, but with 30 seconds left, the Ti-Cats apparently got a roughing the kicker penalty on a punt they blocked? Regardless, Alouettes hold on for the W.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
KJE
Running Back

Post by KJE »

It's a new rule this year. You can't touch the kicker whether you make contact with the ball or not.
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

We talked about the CFL's 20 second play clock in other threads. I paid attention to that for a bit while watching games last week. I noticed there was around 30-45 seconds available between plays. The XFL, with it's 25 second play clock, will easily be the fastest flowing football around (assuming the play starts once the previous play is over).
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

I have always thought about this for football and basketball. Whether or not, the length and the width of the field will ever be changed. The CFL has a longer field and 20 yard end zones. I wouldn’t mess with the length of an American football field but the width would be interesting. With athletes getting better over the years. Creating more space to operate would be interesting.