XFL Summer Showcase Spreadsheet

XFL Football discussion.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: XFL Summer Showcase Spreadsheet

Post by MikeMitchell »

There’s a player listed on the Tampa roster, who was invited, listed on the roster but didn’t work out.

Greg correctly listed Jordan McCray as not working out. The former Apollos center signed with The Bears after receiving the invite.

He’s not the player, I am referring to, it’s former Florida QB Malik Zaire. He was invited but was advised by his agent to not workout. Still trying to follow up on the story, but I would fire my agent if he gave me that advice, and I’d punch myself in the face for not showing up and working out.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Wow, that really is a bonehead move. If there's ever anyone who needs to be showcased, it's a guy like Zaire who hasn't had consistent reps since high school. Too bad.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Tank55 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:59 pm Wow, that really is a bonehead move. If there's ever anyone who needs to be showcased, it's a guy like Zaire who hasn't had consistent reps since high school. Too bad.
The word, I got is that his agent told him, that the odds of Zaire getting a contract weren’t realistic. I am trying to refrain from using expletives on this board. If you want to guarantee not getting a contract or being deleted from the league’s database. Don’t show up.

His agent is a fool. A true competitor wants to get on the field and outshine Mallet, Daniels and company. Even if there is a 99 percent chance that you don’t get a contract. Show them why they are stupid and that you deserve one.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

That makes even less sense. Why bother represent him if you don't think he'll be able to get an XFL contract? Is he hoping to get a percentage of some of that sweet, sweet Arena league money?
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

MikeMitchell wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:52 pm There’s a player listed on the Tampa roster, who was invited, listed on the roster but didn’t work out.

Greg correctly listed Jordan McCray as not working out. The former Apollos center signed with The Bears after receiving the invite.

He’s not the player, I am referring to, it’s former Florida QB Malik Zaire. He was invited but was advised by his agent to not workout. Still trying to follow up on the story, but I would fire my agent if he gave me that advice, and I’d punch myself in the face for not showing up and working out.
WOW. The level of stupidity from the agent and the player. Even if I was told beforehand by the league that I was never being signed. I would still show up and work out.
Bsavd
Rookie

Post by Bsavd »

Looks like you left off Mike Stevens, Jr from the Washington, DC Showcase. CB from NC State (2014-2017). He was a late addition to the show case roster due to being in the CFL with Calgary Stampeders. A 2018 UDFA, Cleveland Browns Tryout and Carolina Panthers Tryout.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Bsavd wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:39 pm Looks like you left off Mike Stevens, Jr from the Washington, DC Showcase. CB from NC State (2014-2017). He was a late addition to the show case roster due to being in the CFL with Calgary Stampeders. A 2018 UDFA, Cleveland Browns Tryout and Carolina Panthers Tryout.
Thanks for the heads-up. He wasn’t on the roster posted online, which is why I didn’t have him. I’ll get him added tonight.

I’ve also updated the Spreadsheet recently adding some previous experience to players as it relates to the Spring League, NAL, AFL and CFL.
@gregmparks
Bsavd
Rookie

Post by Bsavd »

Great! Thanks Greg! Per his agent, Mike Jr. had a great workout at the DC showcase... Eric Geiko and coaches had great remarks about him that day!
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Updated with St. Louis Showcase rosters.

My intention is to keep this as a living document throughout the signing process. I'm not sure how public the XFL will make signings when they begin presumably later this month. But if they do announce/release the names, I'll create another tab of league signings (one by position, one alphabetically, just like the Showcases), and I'll also highlight those listed in the Showcase tabs when they get signed. So keep the link handy - we're just getting started!
@gregmparks
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

GregParks wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:49 am Updated with St. Louis Showcase rosters.

My intention is to keep this as a living document throughout the signing process. I'm not sure how public the XFL will make signings when they begin presumably later this month. But if they do announce/release the names, I'll create another tab of league signings (one by position, one alphabetically, just like the Showcases), and I'll also highlight those listed in the Showcase tabs when they get signed. So keep the link handy - we're just getting started!
Great job Greg. The league went over their projected 800 players in these eight showcases. Not counting any college players like WVU safety Kenny Robinson, that were kept quiet, or all the kickers/punters that weren’t listed.

It’s going to be fun to see the breakdown of signings. The XFL is also going to be using TSL in late July as an additional scouting tool for those who haven’t worked out. TSL has also set up a fall showcase as well. No date determined yet.