Updated XFL Team Staffs

XFL Football discussion.
GDAWG
MVP

Re: Updated XFL Coaching Staffs

Post by GDAWG »

MikeMitchell wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:42 pm
GregParks wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:53 pm Looking at Mike's list, it's surprising how many coaching spots still need to be filled (or publicly announced, anyway). As we're getting into the player evaluation portion of the league, you'd think each team would have its staffs filled by now. Again, maybe they are, but for whatever reason haven't been publicly announced.

I see Phil Savage may end up in the Jets front office in the NFL. He was a GM in the AAF. Before Oliver Luck was hired, he was the name I was thinking about for Commissioner of the XFL, as he had just left his position as Executive Director of the Senior Bowl. With his NFL ties being a former NFL GM, and his college football ties as head of the Senior Bowl, I thought he would've make a lot of sense in that position. Plus, he made a lot of improvements to the Senior Bowl during his time there, really reinvigorating it.
Point #1- St. Louis is way behind. At least there’s ambiguity behind some of the other staffs. For example, Kevin Gilbride mentioned to Alan from the ‘This Is the XFL Show’ podcast, that he is most likely going to be his own offensive coordinator. Whenever any hires are officially announced. I will update the original post.

Point #2- I think that if Phil Savage wasn’t with the AAF. He would be in a role similar to Doug Whaley. Former GM with a scouting background with successful organizations. Savage with the Ravens, Whaley with The Steelers.

Not sure about Savage as the CEO/Commissioner of the XFL. Not to say that he wouldn’t be capable of it but Oliver is in a much higher class than Savage, when it comes to running leagues and being in a business administration type role. Very few have Luck’s resume and winning record.
If Gilbride is his own offensive coordinator, I could see one of the position coaches game planning and strategizing during the week with Gilbride calling the plays. It happens all of the time in the NFL. Sean McVay, Bill O'Brien, Frank Reich, Doug Pederson, Andy Reid, Jon Gruden, Jay Gruden to name a few do that. Kliff Kingsbury, Zack Taylor and Matt LaFleur are likely to do the same.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:10 pm
GregParks wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:53 pm Looking at Mike's list, it's surprising how many coaching spots still need to be filled (or publicly announced, anyway). As we're getting into the player evaluation portion of the league, you'd think each team would have its staffs filled by now. Again, maybe they are, but for whatever reason haven't been publicly announced.

I see Phil Savage may end up in the Jets front office in the NFL. He was a GM in the AAF. Before Oliver Luck was hired, he was the name I was thinking about for Commissioner of the XFL, as he had just left his position as Executive Director of the Senior Bowl. With his NFL ties being a former NFL GM, and his college football ties as head of the Senior Bowl, I thought he would've make a lot of sense in that position. Plus, he made a lot of improvements to the Senior Bowl during his time there, really reinvigorating it.
Point #1- St. Louis is way behind. At least there’s ambiguity behind some of the other staffs. For example, Kevin Gilbride mentioned to Alan from the ‘This Is the XFL Show’ podcast, that he is most likely going to be his own offensive coordinator. Whenever any hires are officially announced. I will update the original post.

Point #2- I think that if Phil Savage wasn’t with the AAF. He would be in a role similar to Doug Whaley. Former GM with a scouting background with successful organizations. Savage with the Ravens, Whaley with The Steelers.

Not sure about Savage as the CEO/Commissioner of the XFL. Not to say that he wouldn’t be capable of it but Oliver is in a much higher class than Savage, when it comes to running leagues and being in a business administration type role. Very few have Luck’s resume and winning record.
If Gilbride is his own offensive coordinator, I could see one of the position coaches game planning and strategizing during the week with Gilbride calling the plays. It happens all of the time in the NFL. Sean McVay, Bill O'Brien, Frank Reich, Doug Pederson, Andy Reid, Jon Gruden, Jay Gruden to name a few do that. Kliff Kingsbury, Zack Taylor and Matt LaFleur are likely to do the same.
According to Kevin Gilbride. There are a couple of his staff members that he will try and groom during the season, to potentially take over play calling. Gilbride is looking to incorporate some RPO in this system and will lean on his coaches with experience in that field, to contribute.

I have updated a couple of hires on the main list. Ryan Meyers has joined the Dallas staff as Quarterbacks coach. He and OC Hal Mumme will be sharing the duties there. Meyers coached under Mumme at Bellhaven. Scott Spurrier is going to also be coaching the tight ends, as well as being a quality control coach.

In Washington, Tanner Engstrand will be the offensive coordinator, but will also be coaching the RB's. So DC's staff is complete.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Oh no doubt. I didn’t mean to compare Savage and Luck, just that I thought of Savage first as I didn’t necessarily expect Vince to get someone the caliber of Luck, who is to me a home-run hire in that role. Given Luck’s hire, yeah, Savage would’ve been perfect for a Whaley-like role.
@gregmparks
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

GregParks wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:29 am
Oh no doubt. I didn’t mean to compare Savage and Luck, just that I thought of Savage first as I didn’t necessarily expect Vince to get someone the caliber of Luck, who is to me a home-run hire in that role. Given Luck’s hire, yeah, Savage would’ve been perfect for a Whaley-like role.
I was shocked by the Luck hire myself. Savage would have been someone, I would have thought of and hoped for also. We don’t know how the league is going to pan out. It could fail, it could fall short of its goal, but no denying how great ,The Oliver Luck hire was by McMahon. It took some convincing and big money to get it done. In McMahon like fashion, he set up an incentive package for what is his league’s biggest star. The more the league has success, the more money that Luck makes. Similar to McMahon’s top WWE stars, who have unlimited earning potential, based on how successful they are.

People in the league are amazed at Oliver’s drive. He’s not resting in his high chair. Just making everyone else do the work. I watched him first hand at the NY Showcase. This is not just a figurehead in the background. He’s fully invested. Oliver has the Vince McMahon work ethic.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Luck has been SO impressive. I'm pretty sure if you asked me to describe what a perfect XFL Commissioner would look like before he was hired, I wouldn't have even been able to imagine such a fantastic performance. I'm glad to hear he's as impressive to the people working closely with him as he is from afar.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Former Vice President of Marketing for the Astros, Jennifer Germer, has been named Marketing Director for the XFL Houston franchise.

Most recently, Germer served as the Chief Operating Officer for RMH Marketing & Media, where she was responsible for streamlining the business and marketing operations strategy and building the operational framework, processes, and technology.

Germer served as the Astros’ Vice President of Marketing from 2008-2011 and Senior Director of Marketing from 2006-2008. Prior to joining the Astros, Germer spent seven seasons working in the marketing departments for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (2000-06) and Anaheim Ducks (2000-02). She also served as the sports marketing and event manager for Elite Racing, Inc.

Germer graduated from Arizona State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in exercise science with an emphasis in sport studies, health, and wellness.

In her new position, Germer will lead XFL Houston’s marketing and community relations including integrated marketing functions, brand marketing, digital and social marketing, fan engagement and activities locally.
https://xfl2k.com/news/jennifer-germer- ... -director/
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Updated XFL Team Staffs

Post by MikeMitchell »

Updated list of all 8 XFL Teams Front Office & Coaching Staffs.

There is still a few that have yet to be made official. There are some open roles, that may not necessarily be filled. Some staffs already have coaches taking on multiple roles.

Some staffs don't have a need for certain position coaches. For example, Houston is not going to be carrying any tight ends. So there won't be a need for a position coach there.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

MikeMitchell wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:55 pm Updated list of all 8 XFL Teams Front Office & Coaching Staffs.

There is still a few that have yet to be made official. There are some open roles, that may not necessarily be filled. Some staffs already have coaches taking on multiple roles.

Some staffs don't have a need for certain position coaches. For example, Houston is not going to be carrying any tight ends. So there won't be a need for a position coach there.
No tight ends? Typical June Jones. Starting 4 wide receivers every game probably.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

LeoNY wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:50 pm
MikeMitchell wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:55 pm Updated list of all 8 XFL Teams Front Office & Coaching Staffs.

No tight ends? Typical June Jones. Starting 4 wide receivers every game probably.
One of the oddities of some of these offensive minds in the XFL. I'll be curious to see how June handles short yardage situations in the league. Whether he utilizes a fullback or an extra offensive lineman.
XFLInSTL
Running Back

Post by XFLInSTL »

LeoNY wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:50 pm

I like it. Given Hayes' background, tight ends will probably be a strength for St. Louis. This makes it easier for us to get the best possible guy.
St. Louis Battlehawks