Christine Michael to be at Dallas Summer Showcase

XFL Football discussion.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Christine Michael to be at Dallas Summer Showcase

Post by MikeMitchell »

The XFL just tweeted this bit of news out. I was going to post about this topic. I have a list of over 90 confirmed invites. I was wondering if the XFL would make their showcase invites public or to the media on the day of the Showcases.

Christine Michael is exactly the kind of player, that I expected to be participating in one of these showcases. He never lived up to the hype at Texas A &M or in the NFL. He was such a highly regarded player coming out of high school. I'd say the odds of him landing a contract are pretty good. Let's see if the league publicizes more players and if Michael's test numbers are publicized. 40 times etc

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/1135939325080875011
GDAWG
MVP

Re: Christine Michael to be at Dallas Summer Showcase

Post by GDAWG »

he had a brief cup of coffee with the Cowboys but never did much.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:41 pm he had a brief cup of coffee with the Cowboys but never did much.
Same with The Colts and Seattle. He's talented. 5 star recruit. It hasn't worked out for him in the NFL. I see no issue in him getting a chance to workout.
BLACKandBLUE67
Rookie

Post by BLACKandBLUE67 »

What time does it start Friday? Is it still open to the public?
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

The Seahawks drafted him......I remember because I said at the time......"WHO????.......I remember he played for a bit when Rawls got hurt...... didn't do too bad...... traded him to Dallas only to see the Cowboys release him.....he turned up in Washington......got released there.......came back to Seattle again. So yes I've heard of him.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

And by the way.......it's pronounced ',CRIS-tin"..........not Cris-TEEN".
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

You'd think with a name like that he'd prefer "Chris."
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Post by SamTheRam28 »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:58 pm You'd think with a name like that he'd prefer "Chris."
Chris Mike
St. Louis BattleHawks
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

The question is how well will Christine Michael do at his workout on Friday.

For a 28 year old back, who will turn 29 in November. He surprisingly doesn't have a lot of tread on his tires.

For his career, he's had 254 carries for 1,080 yards, 4.3 yards a carry and 7 touchdowns. Only 9 career starts, in two of them, he rushed for over 100 yards.

Christine Michael never lived up to his 5 star status coming out of high school, where he won the 2009 Walter Payton award for being High School Football's best athlete.

His strength as a player, was that he was a power runner with great agility at 220 pounds. His straight line speed coming out of college was just average. (4.5 in the 40). The biggest knock against Michael is his inability to pass block and catch the ball out of the backfield.

As a backup running back. You need to have the ability to pass protect or catch the ball. If you don't have those two traits, then you have to contribute on special teams as a returner or in coverage. Michael didn't bring that to the table. So on teams like Seattle, Indy, Green Bay and Dallas. He lost his roster spots because he wasn't as good as the starter and wasn't as versatile as the backups.

If he's healthy, tests well physically and does well in the interview process on Friday. I expect him to get a contract. He has potential to be a starting back in the league.