Chris Miller to be named XFL Houston Offensive Coordinator

XFL Football discussion.
jalgeri
Rookie

Re: Chris Miller to be named XFL Houston Offensive Coordinator

Post by jalgeri »

I always wondered why June and Jenkins were only together for the first Gamblers season. Those two with Mouse Davis are the biggest run and shoot guys. Maybe you are right about those two butting heads or something. All these years June has been a head coach and Jenkins was never on any of his staffs
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

A lot of straightforward quotes from Miller in this article:

http://www.osaa.org/today/article/890/v ... nn+for+XFL
“It’s a wrap. Six years is good for me,” the former University of Oregon and NFL quarterback said. “I kind of like doing five-year increments. I’m kind of ready to move on to a higher level of ball and a better living.”

Miller will earn about $150,000 for six months of work. As an off-campus coach at West Linn, he has been working off a stipend from the booster club.

“I don’t teach, so I need to get out there and make a better living for my family,” he said. “It’s full benefits, and the whole deal. It’ll open up some other doors and opportunities. It’ll be a good resume builder, as well.”

The chance to build from the ground up is part of the XFL’s appeal to him, he said. He also likes that he will have more free time to spend with his family, travel and do church and charitable activities.

“I don’t necessarily desire to grind the rest of my life,” Miller said. “An NFL job can take years off your life, especially if your team’s not doing very well.”

He is open to other possibilities in the XFL.

“Maybe if they expand and I’m doing a heck of a job and doing what I know I’m capable of doing, maybe they consider me for a head coaching job in that league,” he said.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Tank55 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:59 am A lot of straightforward quotes from Miller in this article:

http://www.osaa.org/today/article/890/v ... nn+for+XFL
“It’s a wrap. Six years is good for me,” the former University of Oregon and NFL quarterback said. “I kind of like doing five-year increments. I’m kind of ready to move on to a higher level of ball and a better living.”

Miller will earn about $150,000 for six months of work. As an off-campus coach at West Linn, he has been working off a stipend from the booster club.

“I don’t teach, so I need to get out there and make a better living for my family,” he said. “It’s full benefits, and the whole deal. It’ll open up some other doors and opportunities. It’ll be a good resume builder, as well.”

The chance to build from the ground up is part of the XFL’s appeal to him, he said. He also likes that he will have more free time to spend with his family, travel and do church and charitable activities.

“I don’t necessarily desire to grind the rest of my life,” Miller said. “An NFL job can take years off your life, especially if your team’s not doing very well.”

He is open to other possibilities in the XFL.

“Maybe if they expand and I’m doing a heck of a job and doing what I know I’m capable of doing, maybe they consider me for a head coaching job in that league,” he said.
Nice article, happy that Chris Miller is getting this type of opportunity. The stars aligned perfectly on this one.