USATODAY: DJ, DG on XFL

XFL Football discussion.
4th&long
MVP

Re: USATODAY: DJ, DG on XFL

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:58 pm
He Hate Me wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:41 pm Bottom line, if Redbird pulls the capital then there is nothing left. The remaining "owners" would scramble like the AAF and just make things worse. Let's hope it never comes to this.
The Rock will be fine. He's rumored to be a part of an ownership group to buy the Ottawa Senators and speculation out there is that he's part of an investment group interested in buying the WWE.
I'm sure Rock will be fine - he's likely not invested much of anything in XFL other than his time. He's a celebrity showman, like all these ownership groups get these days for PR attention getting purposes.

The focus of fans is the state of the XFL
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:58 pm The Rock will be fine. He's rumored to be a part of an ownership group to buy the Ottawa Senators and speculation out there is that he's part of an investment group interested in buying the WWE.
We're not worried about the Rock, we're worried about the XFL. Tom Dundon is fine.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Tank and 4th are right, all we care about is the XFl and alt football in general, all the rest is just noise, confusion, and fluff!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
Coffeeeyes
Quarterback

Post by Coffeeeyes »

He Hate Me wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:41 pm Bottom line, if Redbird pulls the capital then there is nothing left. The remaining "owners" would scramble like the AAF and just make things worse. Let's hope it never comes to this.
We all know this but the difference between the AAF and XFL 3.0 is miles. AAF was financed by a fraudster then saved by Dundon who refused to own the league without some kind of connection to the NFL. It didn’t materialize in the small time window he gave the league to negotiate with the NFLPA and then the league fell.

We have no evidence to suggest RBC and Cardinale are going to pull out. This is a minor investment in comparison to most other ones the company makes and I’m sure Cardinale understands growth needs to be natural and will be slow at first especially with how many spring leagues seem to appear recently.

Doomposting about how RBC will abandon this league like is done by many people on this forum is the reason why we have all these arguments. The league is coming back for 2024 and that’s what’s important right now.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Do we have any reason to think they will any time soon?

AAF, we didn't know about their funding until after it collapsed. The revenue model never made sense and I have my doubts that they ever had a long term plan before Dundon. But they were able to bamboozle enough people to look legitimate for the first couple of weeks.
FootballYoda
Quarterback

Post by FootballYoda »

I don’t see any doom posting. People have to be realistic especially after reading the USA Today fluff piece. With that article we’re looking at Dany doing a job to keep the league with a positive image in the media. She says 2024, she might as well say 2025 too. Obviously she’s not going to tell you all the ways this league can still fail… just as people do here.
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

Gerry speaks!! Maybe now we can put this whole absentee owner thing to bed.

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/29/footba ... highlights
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:32 am
Do we have any reason to think they will any time soon?

AAF, we didn't know about their funding until after it collapsed. The revenue model never made sense and I have my doubts that they ever had a long term plan before Dundon. But they were able to bamboozle enough people to look legitimate for the first couple of weeks.
On that note, Reggie Fowler, who was supposed to be sentenced back in September, then it was pushed to this week, now set for April 20. Good F'N lord! :o

It was truly a miracle AAF even made it past a week