XFL Seeks Chief Football Officer

XFL Football discussion.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: XFL Seeks Chief Football Officer

Post by GregParks »

One other thing to point out RE: Brandon: The Bills are considered a small-market team when it comes to the NFL and he had a lot of experience running the business and marketing end for quite a while - Buffalo has a strong fanbase and attendance hardly wavered even during the lean years. Compared to the NFL, the XFL will be considered "small market" financially speaking, so here's hoping he can pass some knowledge on in those facets of business to the league as well.
@gregmparks
Rangersking669
Running Back

Post by Rangersking669 »

GregParks wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:33 pm One other thing to point out RE: Brandon: The Bills are considered a small-market team when it comes to the NFL and he had a lot of experience running the business and marketing end for quite a while - Buffalo has a strong fanbase and attendance hardly wavered even during the lean years. Compared to the NFL, the XFL will be considered "small market" financially speaking, so here's hoping he can pass some knowledge on in those facets of business to the league as well.
Definitely agree in that regard
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Its clearly the most positive developement since the purchase, and something that needs to happen soon to move things along. Sounds like they don't want to pay as much for this position, not give it as much control as OL had. Both understandable. As far as the 'multiple rev streams' its alot of buzz words but basically every org should be trying for that. It sounds like Garcia wants hands on with the finances too, or at least someone she trusts.

We'll see if this bears fruit or dies on the vine.
Last edited by 4th&long on Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rangersking669
Running Back

Post by Rangersking669 »

4th&long wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:42 pm Its clearly the most positive developement since the purchase, and something that needs to happen soon to move things along. Sounds like they don't want to pay as much for this position, not give it as much control as OL had. Both understandable. As far as the 'multiple rev streams' its alot of buzz words but basically every org should be trying for that. It sounds like Garcia wants hands on with the finances too, or at least someone she trusts.
Yeah i definitely can tell she's going to be the most hands on out of all the owners, she was the one who initiated it all in the first place. I'd bet they have it all done by the end of February and hopefully announced at the same time
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Rangersking669 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:44 pm
4th&long wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:42 pm Its clearly the most positive developement since the purchase, and something that needs to happen soon to move things along. Sounds like they don't want to pay as much for this position, not give it as much control as OL had. Both understandable. As far as the 'multiple rev streams' its alot of buzz words but basically every org should be trying for that. It sounds like Garcia wants hands on with the finances too, or at least someone she trusts.
Yeah i definitely can tell she's going to be the most hands on out of all the owners, she was the one who initiated it all in the first place. I'd bet they have it all done by the end of February and hopefully announced at the same time
They won't go to far w/o a TV/Streaming contract in hand, might be why they have not found someone to fill this position yet, either they are waiting or the candidates aren't sold yet.
Last edited by 4th&long on Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rangersking669
Running Back

Post by Rangersking669 »

4th&long wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:38 pm
They won't go to far w/o a contract in hand, might be why they have not found someone to fill this position yet, either they are waiting or the candidates aren't sold yet.
They're probably still vetting candidates before they even hand out offers lol
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Rangersking669 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:06 am
They won't go to far w/o a contract in hand, might be why they have not found someone to fill this position yet, either they are waiting or the candidates aren't sold yet.
I'm thinking it's candidates vetting XFL 3.0
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

4th&long wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:19 pm

I’m thinking it’s probably a little of both.
@gregmparks
Rangersking669
Running Back

Post by Rangersking669 »

GregParks wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:14 pm
4th&long wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:19 pm
I’m thinking it’s probably a little of both.
ding ding