Chad Kelly CFL MOP

Discuss the Canadian Football League here.
He Hate Me
Receiver

Chad Kelly CFL MOP

Post by He Hate Me »

I guess the Toronto Argonauts had to win something.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Chad Kelly CFL MOP

Post by MarkNelson »

In the CFL the Toronto market gets the attention when they do good. It’s the golden child of the CFL. Chad Kelly had a great season. He just stunk in his last game.

MOP could have easily gone to Adams of BC or Collaros in Winnipeg. Both had great seasons. Collaros has a chance to win a bigger prize and that’s a championship.
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
FootballYoda
Quarterback

Post by FootballYoda »

MarkNelson wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:12 am In the CFL the Toronto market gets the attention when they do good. It’s the golden child of the CFL.
Hasn't Toronto struggled in the past? Maybe its a good idea to give them a prize since they upped their popularity this year filling the stands more than usual. Too bad they blew the game that mattered the most.

Online I see people saying Toronto had an easy schedule this season. Is there truth to any of this or is it just people making wild accusations?
KJE
Running Back

Post by KJE »

FootballYoda wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:18 pm
MarkNelson wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:12 am In the CFL the Toronto market gets the attention when they do good. It’s the golden child of the CFL.
Hasn't Toronto struggled in the past? Maybe its a good idea to give them a prize since they upped their popularity this year filling the stands more than usual. Too bad they blew the game that mattered the most.

Online I see people saying Toronto had an easy schedule this season. Is there truth to any of this or is it just people making wild accusations?
Since COVID, the league has played an unbalanced schedule. Normally every team plays each other twice and then you get a couple of extra division games. This year Toronto played Hamilton four regular season games.

I wouldn't say they had an easy schedule but it was probably a little easier since the west had two strong teams compared to one in the east.