CFL takes control of the Alouettes

Discuss the Canadian Football League here.
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Re: CFL takes control of the Alouettes

Post by DavedaHammer »

Sykotyk wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:33 pm
DavedaHammer wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:42 am
Sykotyk wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:14 pm

Nothing wrong with taking one your home games against a Western Division team that wouldn't be a huge overwhelming draw, and move it to QC to drum up new interest and TV viewers for the other 17 games a year. It's not THAT much smaller than Molson. 20k-13k. That's not a gigantic dropoff. The goal would be to create new/more fans in QC who will watch the Alouettes that currently don't or rarely.
Yeah, but an owner has to give up gate revenue to participate in a neutral site game. I don't think Peladeau would do that until he recoups some of his investment in the Alouettes. I can see Peladeau using his francophone business connections to bid on a CFL expansion team in Quebec City until the TSN TV deal ends in 2026
Not neutral site. It would be Alouettes home game collecting gate. But the idea of QC ever getting a team anytime soon is a dream. They can barely keep the 9 cities they have now and maybe go after Halifax. QC is best right now to be cultivated as fans of Montreal and strengthen their financial support. Giving up 8000 paying customers once a year to get 13000 potentially NEW customers who will in turn possibly become Als fans, viewers, merch buyers, etc may be worth that concession. Have to spend money to make money.
The Alouettes would have to split the gate revenue with the team that they are playing against because they too are losing out on a home gate sales. The opposing team would have to be compensated also.

There would be more money in a provincial rivalry being created between Montreal and Quebec City very much like Toronto and Hamilton and Calgary and Edmonton. A new Quebec City ownership would also benefit from a newly created franchise in QC
KJE
Running Back

Post by KJE »

How on earth would Montreal playing a home game in Quebec City cause the visiting team to lose gate revenue?
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

KJE wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:38 am How on earth would Montreal playing a home game in Quebec City cause the visiting team to lose gate revenue?
Simple economics. The other team loses a home date playing in a neutral site/showcase game. Season tickets holders get dinged for the other game being played else where.

Next time reply to my post. I don't know if you are communicating to me or not
KJE
Running Back

Post by KJE »

DavedaHammer wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:21 am
KJE wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:38 am How on earth would Montreal playing a home game in Quebec City cause the visiting team to lose gate revenue?
Simple economics. The other team loses a home date playing in a neutral site/showcase game. Season tickets holders get dinged for the other game being played else where.

Did Saskatchewan lose a home game playing in Touchdown Atlantic?
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

KJE wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:25 am
DavedaHammer wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:21 am

Did Saskatchewan lose a home game playing in Touchdown Atlantic?
Thanks for replying. Yes, the Saskatchewan Rough Riders lost a home game going to Wolfville, NS.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

So which of the nine games they played in Regina was not a home game?
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

Tank55 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:35 am So which of the nine games they played in Regina was not a home game?
The Atlantic Touchdown Showcase game it played against the Toronto Argonauts in Wolfville, NS in July of last year
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

DavedaHammer wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:46 am The Atlantic Touchdown Showcase game it played against the Toronto Argonauts in Wolfville, NS in July of last year
That wasn't the question. The Riders played 18 regular season games. Nine were in Regina. Eight were in other CFL cities. One was in Wolfville. You said "the Saskatchewan Rough Riders lost a home game going to Wolfville, NS." So which of the nine games they played in Regina was not a home game?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Sask ... ers_season
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

Tank55 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:01 am
DavedaHammer wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:46 am The Atlantic Touchdown Showcase game it played against the Toronto Argonauts in Wolfville, NS in July of last year
That wasn't the question. The Riders played 18 regular season games. Nine were in Regina. Eight were in other CFL cities. One was in Wolfville. You said "the Saskatchewan Rough Riders lost a home game going to Wolfville, NS." So which of the nine games they played in Regina was not a home game?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Sask ... ers_season
The Saskatchewan was the visiting team in Wolfville thus why they are eight road dates. The league still had to compensate the Riders for travel expenses by splitting the gate with the Argos and the league for the set up cost of Wolfville
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

DavedaHammer wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:46 am The Saskatchewan was the visiting team in Wolfville thus why they are eight road dates. The league still had to compensate the Riders for travel expenses by splitting the gate with the Argos and the league for the set up cost of Wolfville
We know the Riders were the visitors. You said they had to give up a home game:
DavedaHammer wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:26 am Thanks for replying. Yes, the Saskatchewan Rough Riders lost a home game going to Wolfville, NS.
Explain yourself. Or admit you were wrong. Whatever. But your posts aren't making sense.