CFL 2023 schedule already out

Discuss the Canadian Football League here.
4th&long
MVP

CFL 2023 schedule already out

Post by 4th&long »

Well someone knows how to put a schedule together...

>> The Markcast® @the_markcast
BREAKING.

The 2023 @CFL schedule is here!

https://cfl.ca/2023-cfl-schedule/

#CFL
12:33 PM · Dec 13, 2022 <<
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Re: CFL 2023 schedule already out

Post by DavedaHammer »

The CFL also released it's negotiation list. The BC Lions have Heisman Trophy runner up, Max Duggan along with ten other quarterbacks with other NCAA prospects like Jaren Hall, Cameron Ward, Grayson McCall, John Ryes Plumlee. I realize that none of these guys will come to Canada but the league should limit the number of QBs taken. It's not like that they are preparing for the exodus of Nathan Rourke. The BC Lions have done this before in last years list
KJE
Running Back

Post by KJE »

Interestingly, the CFL schedule is focused on generating a significant raise on American TV rights deals (Sunday night games). This tweet explains why.
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

Somebody should tell Naylor that both Spring leagues are going to spend themselves into oblivion. Sure the USFL increased their salaries, but it will cause a pricing war with the XFL. The Rock will have to offer more than a Black Adam t-shirt and a can of Zoa to be in line what the FOX/USFL are going to pay their players
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

DavedaHammer wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:17 pm The CFL also released it's negotiation list. The BC Lions have Heisman Trophy runner up, Max Duggan along with ten other quarterbacks with other NCAA prospects like Jaren Hall, Cameron Ward, Grayson McCall, John Ryes Plumlee. I realize that none of these guys will come to Canada but the league should limit the number of QBs taken. It's not like that they are preparing for the exodus of Nathan Rourke. The BC Lions have done this before in last years list
Could one of these players sue, or does Canadian law explicitly allow this kind of monopoly behavior?
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:47 am
DavedaHammer wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:17 pm The CFL also released it's negotiation list. The BC Lions have Heisman Trophy runner up, Max Duggan along with ten other quarterbacks with other NCAA prospects like Jaren Hall, Cameron Ward, Grayson McCall, John Ryes Plumlee. I realize that none of these guys will come to Canada but the league should limit the number of QBs taken. It's not like that they are preparing for the exodus of Nathan Rourke. The BC Lions have done this before in last years list
Could one of these players sue, or does Canadian law explicitly allow this kind of monopoly behavior?
Sometimes the players don't know that they have been included on a CFL team's negotiation list like Paxton Lynch indicated when he attended the Saskatchewn Rough Riders camp. Their agents don't even know that there is a list. The negotiation list is a league matter. It used as a recruitment tool and it interchangeable meaning players could be added or subtracted. Players right can be traded like when the Argo's Chad Kelly's rights were traded from the Edmonton Elks because he let it be known he would only play in Toronto

I complained because one team is using the list only on quarterbacks and they aren't diversifying in other positions on defence or offence
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

I am going to guest at one point Brock Purdy was on one of the negotiation lists
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

DavedaHammer wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:54 pm Somebody should tell Naylor that both Spring leagues are going to spend themselves into oblivion. Sure the USFL increased their salaries, but it will cause a pricing war with the XFL. The Rock will have to offer more than a Black Adam t-shirt and a can of Zoa to be in line what the FOX/USFL are going to pay their players
Gerry Cardinale could reach into some of that big AC Milan $$$ to keep the XFL up and running
Lone Star
Running Back

Post by Lone Star »

No Touchdown Atlantic game for 2023?
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

Lone Star wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:26 am No Touchdown Atlantic game for 2023?
I think the CFL is giving Halifax group time to get their finances and stadium logistics in order. But, I think Halifax is a lost cause and should to move on. There seems to be no will in getting a stadium done in Halifax and the Mayor of the city saying it's content with minor league soccer and Junior Hockey instead of CFL