Canton added to USFL main ticket sales link?

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

Canton added to USFL main ticket sales link?

Post by 4th&long »

Last I looked this had 3 cities (it did not have Canton). Is this a USFL -> USXFL rebrand? While rumors say Houston, Canton presses on... and Pitt had a recent player signing (12/1) after the latest official merger news.

https://www.theusfl.com/2024-usfl-season-tickets

>> 2024 USFL Season Tickets
2024 season tickets for host sites are now available.

BIRMINGHAM
MEMPHIS
CANTON
DETROIT <<
GDAWG
MVP

Re: Canton added to USFL main ticket sales link?

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:56 am Last I looked this had 3 cities (it did not have Canton). Is this a USFL -> USXFL rebrand? While rumors say Houston, Canton presses on... and Pitt had a recent player signing (12/1) after the latest official merger news.

BIRMINGHAM
MEMPHIS
CANTON
DETROIT <<
Canton will only happen if they get an actual team, not like how the USFL did, claiming that Canton is a part of the Pittsburgh market, despite the fact that Canton is much closer to Cleveland than to Pittsburgh. It has to be "Canton" or even "Ohio" if they want to get the Cleveland market.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:31 pm
4th&long wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:56 am Last I looked this had 3 cities (it did not have Canton). Is this a USFL -> USXFL rebrand? While rumors say Houston, Canton presses on... and Pitt had a recent player signing (12/1) after the latest official merger news.

BIRMINGHAM
MEMPHIS
CANTON
DETROIT <<
Canton will only happen if they get an actual team, not like how the USFL did, claiming that Canton is a part of the Pittsburgh market, despite the fact that Canton is much closer to Cleveland than to Pittsburgh. It has to be "Canton" or even "Ohio" if they want to get the Cleveland market.
While I don't disagree with you... the point here is that Canton may still be in play in what ever team form.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Possibly for playoffs. They still have that deal with HOF Village for the playoff games. I could see that carrying over post-merger.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:14 pm Possibly for playoffs. They still have that deal with HOF Village for the playoff games. I could see that carrying over post-merger.
But that doesn't explain the season ticket push.
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

Perhaps if Houston falls through, Canton inherits the Gamblers.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

laxtreme56 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:39 am Perhaps if Houston falls through, Canton inherits the Gamblers.
I assume you mean they inherit the 8th team spot. The team is likely to be the Maulers with a likely rebrand. Yes that's what I'm thinking too.

Not only that but the league is geographically Texas and South/Central based with SA, AR Houston in Texas and Stl, Memphis and Birm. A Northern team in Canton would make more sense and they can bring back a team to Houston easily as any "paused" team.
XFLUSFLGUY
Running Back

Post by XFLUSFLGUY »

I thought I remember hearing something about the Maulers potentially moving there and being rebranded the Canton Maulers. Anyway, having a team in Canton would be interesting given the fact you have a team in Michigan close by. You'd at least have that instant rivalry with the Panthers.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

I could see Houston being on pause if Rice Stadium isn't finalized and in its place would be Canton.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

4th&long wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:16 pm
johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:14 pm Possibly for playoffs. They still have that deal with HOF Village for the playoff games. I could see that carrying over post-merger.
But that doesn't explain the season ticket push.
Sure, it would.

The regular season is 5 games per home team. The playoffs, if they stay at 4, are three games. Go to a CFL format and let 6 teams in (not that I'd recommend it), and you have 5 games. That's a season ticket right there.