QB moves

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
herns
Head Coach

QB moves

Post by herns »

Barriere while I’m sad to see him leave Michigan I’m excited to see with Riley because I think he’sa perfect fit for what riley has been looking for at qb

Perry is someone I thought was a franchise qb level prospect for the xfl/USFL going into the season and now that he’s available has signed.

I do wonder if these moves are trying to change the season for these teams or if they’re more about trying to set the team up for next year
4th&long
MVP

Re: QB moves

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:23 am

Barriere while I’m sad to see him leave Michigan I’m excited to see with Riley because I think he’sa perfect fit for what riley has been looking for at qb

Perry is someone I thought was a franchise qb level prospect for the xfl/USFL going into the season and now that he’s available has signed.

I do wonder if these moves are trying to change the season for these teams or if they’re more about trying to set the team up for next year
They call that the L Perez maneuver but EB is no LP :mrgreen:
herns
Head Coach

Re: QB moves

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:13 pm
herns wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:23 am

They call that the L Perez maneuver but EB is no LP :mrgreen:
I think it’s clear by the signing the panthers have made that they like drop back pocket passers where EBis more of an improviser. I was pretty disappointed with the panthers that they refused to give him a shot but it’s no Luis Perez move where it’s top 2 qb released. I could see Barriere becoming a top qb next year though given he has a lot of potential and the system should be a perfect fit. I think both teams made these moves to get ready for next season, I really like both signings