Game thread: Birmingham Stallions at New Orleans Breakers, Sat May 27, 3:00PM CDT, FOX

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
admin
Site Admin

Game thread: Birmingham Stallions at New Orleans Breakers, Sat May 27, 3:00PM CDT, FOX

Post by admin »

4th&long
MVP

Re: Game thread: Birmingham Stallions at New Orleans Breakers, Sat May 27, 3:00PM CDT, FOX

Post by 4th&long »

Is this the best game of the week or is that Memphis v Gamblers?

This could be a rumble. Is NOLA able to get back on track? we shall see.
4th&long
MVP

Re: Game thread: Birmingham Stallions at New Orleans Breakers, Sat May 27, 3:00PM CDT, FOX

Post by 4th&long »

Very Good game so far - final seconds of 1st half NOLA driving.

Good crowd...

>> BirminghamSports@BirminghamSport
Another great crowd at Protective Stadium.

Stallions up 10-6 at Halftime on FOX.
5:20 PM · May 27, 2023 <<
Last edited by 4th&long on Sat May 27, 2023 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4th&long
MVP

McGough: Game thread: Birmingham Stallions at New Orleans Breakers, Sat May 27, 3:00PM CDT, FOX

Post by 4th&long »

Oh no...

>> Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
Gridiron USFL@GridironUSFL
According to the broadcast, Alex McGough sustained an apparent thumb injury their last offensive drive. He will play through it, as the Stallions lead the Breakers 10-6
5:06 PM · May 27, 2023 <<
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Pereira douches on 2 big calls at end... I think he reversed the second to make up for the 1st... McBLT gets a long pass anyway but Birm holds on.... yet NOLA covers my in game +5.5 and the Over 39.5 covers.... Happy Days! :mrgreen:
CFLfan_inPhilly
Running Back

Post by CFLfan_inPhilly »

I'm really starting to get replay fatigue.

I hate to sound ancient, but the more I watch football nowadays, the less I wish replay was involved.

Too many bang-bang plays that look one way to the naked eye, but then get changed because a super-duper-slow-motion replay suggests otherwise.

I feel like half the big plays don't stay the way they appear at first, meanwhile the other big plays are dependent on subjective penalty calls.

You can probably put together an alternate universe highlight game of all the plays that didn't really count.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

CFLfan_inPhilly wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:10 am I'm really starting to get replay fatigue.

I hate to sound ancient, but the more I watch football nowadays, the less I wish replay was involved.

Too many bang-bang plays that look one way to the naked eye, but then get changed because a super-duper-slow-motion replay suggests otherwise.

I feel like half the big plays don't stay the way they appear at first, meanwhile the other big plays are dependent on subjective penalty calls.

You can probably put together an alternate universe highlight game of all the plays that didn't really count.
Welcome to the party pal. I was against instant replay since they drop the 3 challenges a game in NFL. No need to replay every play - 3 challenges and that's it.