Game thread: Birmingham Stallions at Michigan Panthers, Sat, May 20, 3:00PM CDT, FOX

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
admin
Site Admin

Game thread: Birmingham Stallions at Michigan Panthers, Sat, May 20, 3:00PM CDT, FOX

Post by admin »

herns
Head Coach

Re: Game thread: Birmingham Stallions at Michigan Panthers, Sat, May 20, 3:00PM CDT, FOX

Post by herns »

I hope we see Eric Barriere get some playing time, since he signed as a rookie last year I thought he could be a star qb but idk if he fits what the coaching staff likes in a qb considering they signed another slow strong armed qb
4th&long
MVP

Re: Game thread: Birmingham Stallions at Michigan Panthers, Sat, May 20, 3:00PM CDT, FOX

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:34 pm I hope we see Eric Barriere get some playing time, since he signed as a rookie last year I thought he could be a star qb but idk if he fits what the coaching staff likes in a qb considering they signed another slow strong armed qb
They need a mobile QB to shake it up and with a few good throws by EB that should really open things up
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:41 am
herns wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:34 pm I hope we see Eric Barriere get some playing time, since he signed as a rookie last year I thought he could be a star qb but idk if he fits what the coaching staff likes in a qb considering they signed another slow strong armed qb
They need a mobile QB to shake it up and with a few good throws by EB that should really open things up
the depth chart they put out has love starting, I hope that they do give EB a shot if Love struggles
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

The panthers seem to keep trying to force love to be the guy which he isn’t terrible but he’s not leading you to wins either. The team makes so many dumb mistakes it would make me guess they’re poorly coached at least on offense
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:57 pm The panthers seem to keep trying to force love to be the guy which he isn’t terrible but he’s not leading you to wins either. The team makes so many dumb mistakes it would make me guess they’re poorly coached at least on offense
Totally agree herns on these "senior moments" at half - that's 3 games where they either forced a play and had an t/o or blow the clock when a FG would do. Nolan - seriously - stop trying to thread the needle and take the easy points!

Good game though. EB not getting a series was disappointing.

McGough is the spaghetti sauce... he makes it all good (Curtis J classic line) is correct. Birm 2nd best team in league. Tomorrow I think determines # 3. NJ vs Houston should be game of the week.