USFL Ticket Prices - Inexpensive

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

USFL Ticket Prices - Inexpensive

Post by 4th&long »

https://www.theusfl.com/the-usfl/usfl-a ... ost-cities

>> "Access to a full season of major professional football in world-class venues ranging from $25 to $120 makes our season ticket packages especially valuable," said Brett Zalaski, USFL Head of Ticket Sales and Services. "Fans will have unlimited ticket flexibility to exchange them, transfer them, or sell them. It's truly a fan-first offering and makes for a great experience." <<

USFL not looking to make money on tix apparently, just looking to get butts in seats

>> USFL announces 2023 ticket prices for all four host cities

Season tickets are heavily discounted and come with added value at each host stadium, including:
Access and dedicated seating to all regular season games.
Ability to purchase additional tickets for family and friends at their season ticket holder price.
Ability to purchase tickets at other USFL stadiums at their season ticket holder price.
Access to dedicated account executives and payment plan options to fit any budget.
NFT team tokens that unlock more benefits for fans.
Digital ticket transfer.
Premium ticket access to Stadium Clubs where available.
Ability to post on the secondary market to recoup money when fans can’t attend.
Ability to take tickets from a game that will be missed and have double the seats to another game.

Here is the *2023 regular season detailed ticket pricing at each USFL host stadium:

Detroit Ford Field: Hosting the Michigan Panthers and Philadelphia Stars

Season tickets for Nine games (including five Panthers games)

$100: Club Season Tickets
$75: Sideline Season Tickets
$25: End Zone Season Tickets
$40: Club Individual Game Ticket
$25: Sideline Individual Game Ticket
$10: End Zone Individual Game Ticket

Canton Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium: Hosting the Pittsburgh Maulers and New Jersey Generals

Season tickets for 11 games

$120: Midfield Season Tickets
$90: Sideline Season Tickets
$30: End Zone Season Tickets
$40: Midfield Individual Game Ticket

Birmingham Protective Stadium: Hosting the Birmingham Stallions and New Orleans Breakers

Season Tickets for 10 games (including six Stallions games)

$120: Club Season Tickets

Memphis Simmons Bank Liberty Stadium: Hosting the Memphis Showboats and Houston Gamblers

Season Tickets for 10 games (including six Showboats games)

* Postseason tickets sold separately<<

Way less expensive than other local events and XFL tix
laxtreme56
Coach

Re: USFL Ticket Prices - Inexpensive

Post by laxtreme56 »

That's good. Now there's no reason any team should draw below 10k when tickets are that cheap.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:16 am https://www.theusfl.com/the-usfl/usfl-a ... ost-cities

>> "Access to a full season of major professional football in world-class venues ranging from $25 to $120 makes our season ticket packages especially valuable," said Brett Zalaski, USFL Head of Ticket Sales and Services. "Fans will have unlimited ticket flexibility to exchange them, transfer them, or sell them. It's truly a fan-first offering and makes for a great experience." <<

USFL not looking to make money on tix apparently, just looking to get butts in seats

>> USFL announces 2023 ticket prices for all four host cities

Season tickets are heavily discounted and come with added value at each host stadium, including:
Access and dedicated seating to all regular season games.
Ability to purchase additional tickets for family and friends at their season ticket holder price.
Ability to purchase tickets at other USFL stadiums at their season ticket holder price.
Access to dedicated account executives and payment plan options to fit any budget.
NFT team tokens that unlock more benefits for fans.
Digital ticket transfer.
Premium ticket access to Stadium Clubs where available.
Ability to post on the secondary market to recoup money when fans can’t attend.
Ability to take tickets from a game that will be missed and have double the seats to another game.

Here is the *2023 regular season detailed ticket pricing at each USFL host stadium:

Detroit Ford Field: Hosting the Michigan Panthers and Philadelphia Stars

Season tickets for Nine games (including five Panthers games)

$100: Club Season Tickets
$75: Sideline Season Tickets
$25: End Zone Season Tickets

Canton Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium: Hosting the Pittsburgh Maulers and New Jersey Generals

Season tickets for 11 games

Birmingham Protective Stadium: Hosting the Birmingham Stallions and New Orleans Breakers

Season Tickets for 10 games (including six Stallions games)

$120: Club Season Tickets

Memphis Simmons Bank Liberty Stadium: Hosting the Memphis Showboats and Houston Gamblers

Season Tickets for 10 games (including six Showboats games)

* Postseason tickets sold separately<<

Way less expensive than other local events and XFL tix
One of the benefits of being owned by fox, they don’t need ticket revenue since they’re getting money from advertisements during broadcasts
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:44 am
One of the benefits of being owned by fox, they don’t need ticket revenue since they’re getting money from advertisements during broadcasts
This is true. But its true for XFL too in the sense tix will not be a major source of rev. Its all about TV/Media money.

Fox is likely looking to cover stadium rents and travel costs for being in 4 hubs, at a minimum.

If the get 10k X $90 or $3.6 say $4mm can that cover those costs? It also helps merch sales. Likely close. I see travel to/from Memphis - Birm and Canton - Detroit as by charter bus. their low cost plan is low cost.

The other goal is to "make it look better on tv" IMO this is over stated BUT with XFL they likely don't want that to be a major talking point.

If I was USFL my only concern would be they are too cheap. In bad weather people who spend $90 a tix usually still show up, at $10 a tix people may pass.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:23 am
This is true. But its true for XFL too in the sense tix will not be a major source of rev. Its all about TV/Media money.

Fox is likely looking to cover stadium rents and travel costs for being in 4 hubs, at a minimum.

If the get 10k X $90 or $3.6 say $4mm can that cover those costs? It also helps merch sales. Likely close. I see travel to/from Memphis - Birm and Canton - Detroit as by charter bus. their low cost plan is low cost.

The other goal is to "make it look better on tv" IMO this is over stated BUT with XFL they likely don't want that to be a major talking point.

If I was USFL my only concern would be they are too cheap. In bad weather people who spend $90 a tix usually still show up, at $10 a tix people may pass.
Given the time period for USFL they should be safe from the kind of weather that’d affect travel to games like snow. I think the difference between the xfl and USFL rn is USFL majority of revenue is coming from tv and xfl it seems is coming from tickets for season 1. I do think a big part of the ticket prices is for tv purposes for the USFL, remember NBC told fox that was 1 thing that needed to change
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:07 pm

Given the time period for USFL they should be safe from the kind of weather that’d affect travel to games like snow. I think the difference between the xfl and USFL rn is USFL majority of revenue is coming from tv and xfl it seems is coming from tickets for season 1. I do think a big part of the ticket prices is for tv purposes for the USFL, remember NBC told fox that was 1 thing that needed to change
Agreed on tix prices for butts in seats - not so worried about fans driving to destination but if its pouring rain people may bag showing up was my point since eating a $10-20 ticket isn't like eating a $90 ticket. Of course in Detroit that's non issue.
As to your point on rev mainly TV for USFL (but in form of ad sales) and tix for XFL - Agreed as well. But XFL won't cover alot of cost on tix, they also need TV (in form of rights fee/ rev sharing).

I don't see the USFL ticket site offering tickets yet, still in deposit mode ... hopefully by next week.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:20 pm

Agreed on tix prices for butts in seats - not so worried about fans driving to destination but if its pouring rain people may bag showing up was my point since eating a $10-20 ticket isn't like eating a $90 ticket. Of course in Detroit that's non issue.
As to your point on rev mainly TV for USFL (but in form of ad sales) and tix for XFL - Agreed as well. But XFL won't cover alot of cost on tix, they also need TV (in form of rights fee/ rev sharing).

I don't see the USFL ticket site offering tickets yet, still in deposit mode ... hopefully by next week.
Tickets don’t go on sale until early March
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:09 pm
4th&long wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:20 pm

Tickets don’t go on sale until early March
That's next week (already!) yr flying by. Of course could slip into following week
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

It'll be better for them with four hubs of course. But the non-home teams at the four hubs will still see empty seats in volume. Just like you couldn't expect Birmingham to support every team but their own. One more season, then PLEASE put the teams where they belong.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Sounder wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:00 pm It'll be better for them with four hubs of course. But the non-home teams at the four hubs will still see empty seats in volume. Just like you couldn't expect Birmingham to support every team but their own. One more season, then PLEASE put the teams where they belong.
They’ll go at whatever pace fits the budget plan they laid out I’m sure, I’d say the fact they weren’t expecting 4 hubs and got to them is a good sign though