USFL Ticket Prices - Inexpensive

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
herns
Head Coach

Re: USFL Ticket Prices - Inexpensive

Post by herns »

Season tickets are on sale today for those that pre registered
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:44 pm
Sounder wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:00 pm It'll be better for them with four hubs of course. But the non-home teams at the four hubs will still see empty seats in volume. Just like you couldn't expect Birmingham to support every team but their own. One more season, then PLEASE put the teams where they belong.
They’ll go at whatever pace fits the budget plan they laid out I’m sure, I’d say the fact they weren’t expecting 4 hubs and got to them is a good sign though
I agree with Herns here - they said 2-4 hubs and went 4. Last yr 10/40 reg season games played in Birm where Stallion games.

This season its 4 hubs 5/6/6/6 home games for Det-Pit-Mem-Birm and each Stadium has 10 games (well 9 for Ford and 11 for Canton I think). So 23/40 games will have crowds and some of the non-home teams (4 games each) may get 1000-1500 or more . It was too much to ask a small city like Birm to see 40 games (30 non-Birm) in just 10 weeks. Wayyyyy diff this year. The stadiums are close to each other (at least divisionally) allowing bus travel. XFL is in Texas but thats it.
I can see 2 more hubs in Hosuton and Philly next yr.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Apparently Canton is tracking past what projections were for early on season ticket sales and Detroit has been selling like crazy as soon as prices came out
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:09 pm

Apparently Canton is tracking past what projections were for early on season ticket sales and Detroit has been selling like crazy as soon as prices came out
Took a listen, sounds like things are going well. Company group purchases were so cheap they were so surprised.

You won't see much of anything that inexpensive esp today, its great for families. Younger 20 somethings looking for some fun. Group events too.
4th&long
MVP

USFL Ticket Prices are really that good

Post by 4th&long »

>> USFL@USFL
Yes, our ticket prices are really that good 🔥🎟

Get game tickets now for as low as $10 ➡️ http://bit.ly/2023USFLTix
12:34 PM · Mar 8, 2023<<
Invaders
Running Back

Post by Invaders »

Man, I'd love it if they figured out a way to bring the Oakland Invaders back. These ticket prices are nuts. It'd be a great way to spend a couple of weekends. Ah, well. I guess Bobby Hebert, AC, and Gary Plummer ain't coming back. :(
super390
Receiver

Post by super390 »

I wish Oakland Roots and the USFL could pool resources to assemble a temporary stadium, like the one the Raiders built to use for a few years in the mid-1960s. Roots has had big problems with its local venues but it is one of the most visible USL franchises.

The idea of a partnership between Roots and Fox is ideologically hilarious.
Invaders
Running Back

Post by Invaders »

super390 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:52 pm The idea of a partnership between Roots and Fox is ideologically hilarious.
The only thing I know about the Roots is that they are a USL team in Oakland, but I can only imagine. haha
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Invaders wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:30 pm
super390 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:52 pm The idea of a partnership between Roots and Fox is ideologically hilarious.
The only thing I know about the Roots is that they are a USL team in Oakland, but I can only imagine. haha
Oakland is in California. Neither league seems interested in operating in that business unfriendly state.
Sykotyk
Quarterback

Post by Sykotyk »

4th&long wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:14 am

Oakland is in California. Neither league seems interested in operating in that business unfriendly state.
The big thing with California is their workers' comp setup is very difficult for small sports teams to survive. Baseball and hockey play enough games that the cost isn't that bad. But a football team playing 5 games in the state (6 if there's two teams and they play one road game in state) is still so expensive it's not worth it.