Draft details

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

Re: Draft details

Post by 4th&long »

What's this?

>> SSN - USFL@SSN_USFL
Players have NOT yet signed with the USFL, Fox just added some of them to team rosters. None of the drafted players have agreed to terms with the league as of right now
4:19 PM · Feb 21, 2023<<
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:20 pm What's this?

>> SSN - USFL@SSN_USFL
Players have NOT yet signed with the USFL, Fox just added some of them to team rosters. None of the drafted players have agreed to terms with the league as of right now
Maybe it was a mistake by the fox sports people idk, some teams have some picks added to the rosters and some don’t. Ig we’ll see in the coming days
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:26 pm
4th&long wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:20 pm What's this?

>> SSN - USFL@SSN_USFL
Maybe it was a mistake by the fox sports people idk, some teams have some picks added to the rosters and some don’t. Ig we’ll see in the coming days
Yeah - bit strange but hopefully they are signed
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

StarsBlobber Gets It

>>StarsBlobber@StarsBlobber
USFL College Draft was a brilliant marketing move by the USFL

Massive fan engagement of the core fans plus all of the college programs are tweeting out about their players getting drafted.
7:26 PM · Feb 21, 2023 <<
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:28 pm StarsBlobber Gets It

>>StarsBlobber@StarsBlobber
USFL College Draft was a brilliant marketing move by the USFL

Massive fan engagement of the core fans plus all of the college programs are tweeting out about their players getting drafted.
7:26 PM · Feb 21, 2023 <<
Which means absolute jack if Jarrett Horst ends up going somewhere as a 5/6 round pick, nevermind the absolute time waster of taking a day two pick in the first round.

But hey it's all about building the league right :?:
Invaders
Running Back

Post by Invaders »

I mean, I don't think this draft matters that much at all except for to change the narrative from talking about the XFL to talking about the USFL. I'm assuming that the USFL realizes what an incredibly important stretch this is until they start playing in April and will pull out all stops to stay in the public eye until then. If the XFL takes off between now and then, the USFL could essentially be buried before they play another down. In that regard, today was a MASSIVE win for the USFL in my opinion.

I don't know the analytics on tweets, reddit comments, XFL Board comments, etc. but I'm guessing USFL took some of the XFL mojo today. Waiting until after the NFL draft probably makes more football sense for the USFL, but from a marketing viewpoint today was a perfect choice imo.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Well Rock and D-Gar on GMA yesterday did what I predicted (albeit three days later and after week 1) and killed the USFL's line of attack. How? The guy that was one of the pieces FOX used as legitimacy for the league (and by proxy non-legitimacy for the XFL) is now right in the middle. So I guess it would make sense this actually had less to do with the product and was more geared to marketing. I would have just gone all the way in that case and BIR drafted Will Anderson.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:20 pm Well Rock and D-Gar on GMA yesterday did what I predicted (albeit three days later and after week 1) and killed the USFL's line of attack. How? The guy that was one of the pieces FOX used as legitimacy for the league (and by proxy non-legitimacy for the XFL) is now right in the middle. So I guess it would make sense this actually had less to do with the product and was more geared to marketing. I would have just gone all the way in that case and BIR drafted Will Anderson.
LOL No one watching GMA is watching XFL-USFL and it didn't chg the commercial. Its just a commercial - I think you're taking it too seriously.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Invaders wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:07 pm I mean, I don't think this draft matters that much at all except for to change the narrative from talking about the XFL to talking about the USFL. I'm assuming that the USFL realizes what an incredibly important stretch this is until they start playing in April and will pull out all stops to stay in the public eye until then. If the XFL takes off between now and then, the USFL could essentially be buried before they play another down. In that regard, today was a MASSIVE win for the USFL in my opinion.

I don't know the analytics on tweets, reddit comments, XFL Board comments, etc. but I'm guessing USFL took some of the XFL mojo today. Waiting until after the NFL draft probably makes more football sense for the USFL, but from a marketing viewpoint today was a perfect choice imo.
Agreed. They are forward thinking too. They want to stay in public eye at least for a week or two while XFL goes into FX.