Draft details

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
Invaders
Running Back

Re: Draft details

Post by Invaders »

MGB01 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:20 pm I would have just gone all the way in that case and BIR drafted Will Anderson.
I was hoping that they'd dedicate a round in the middle somewhere to drafting all of the big names in college football. I think it would've been hilarious marketing to see something like:

"Drafted today in the USFL

Michigan - Will Levis
Pittsburgh - CJ Stroud
Houston - Tyree Wilson
Memphis - Bryce Young
New Orleans - Jalen Carter
Philadelphia- Paris Johnson
Birmingham- Will Anderson
New Jersey- Myles Murphy"
Invaders
Running Back

Post by Invaders »

4th&long wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:29 pm
Agreed. They are forward thinking too. They want to stay in public eye at least for a week or two while XFL goes into FX.
Wow. I just looked at the TV schedule and there's a LOT of FX and ESPN2 coming up. I guess time will tell, but if you told me that only one league would make it and I had to bet a dollar, I'd be kinda leaning towards the USFL at this point. From the outside, it looks like they're doing a better job of managing the little things which makes me think they might be doing a better job of managing the bigger things as well.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Invaders wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:13 pm
4th&long wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:29 pm
Agreed. They are forward thinking too. They want to stay in public eye at least for a week or two while XFL goes into FX.
Wow. I just looked at the TV schedule and there's a LOT of FX and ESPN2 coming up. I guess time will tell, but if you told me that only one league would make it and I had to bet a dollar, I'd be kinda leaning towards the USFL at this point. From the outside, it looks like they're doing a better job of managing the little things which makes me think they might be doing a better job of managing the bigger things as well.
Next 4 Weeks (2-5) 16 games, have 10 FX games, 5 ESPN2 and 1 ESPN. Weeks 2-7 is 14/24 on FX and 6/24 on ESPN2. And week 9-10 they overlap USFL.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:25 pm
MGB01 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:20 pm Well Rock and D-Gar on GMA yesterday did what I predicted (albeit three days later and after week 1) and killed the USFL's line of attack. How? The guy that was one of the pieces FOX used as legitimacy for the league (and by proxy non-legitimacy for the XFL) is now right in the middle. So I guess it would make sense this actually had less to do with the product and was more geared to marketing. I would have just gone all the way in that case and BIR drafted Will Anderson.
LOL No one watching GMA is watching XFL-USFL and it didn't chg the commercial. Its just a commercial - I think you're taking it too seriously.
If FOX airs it this weekend (although it probably won't be the Long/Strahan one for the above mentioned reason) all Rock has to do is retweet the interview and say 'Oh you mean this guy?'
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Check out this story from Fox Sports https://www.foxsports.com/stories/usfl/ ... s-favorite

"The Stallions and Generals remain co-favorites," Brossman said. "The Generals added the dynamic QB Adrian Martinez from Kansas State with their first pick; the Stallions got their guy Malik Cunningham from Louisville in the third round after solidifying their O-line with two tackles with their first two picks” (UAB's Kadeem Telfort and Grand Valley State's Quinton Barrow). Quote from fox bet senior oddsmaker/manager

Guys were added to the official rosters, fox wrote articles about the draft and had fox bet change the betting odds based on draft results but there’s also reports they only drafted for players rights. Whole thing is odd
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »