Training Camp size - USFL

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

Training Camp size - USFL

Post by 4th&long »

>> Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
USFL Today
@USFLToday
Camp roster sizes are going to be smaller than originally planned, which is partially why we are seeing recently signed players being released ahead of @USFL
training camp.

Training camp size of 58 is a number we are hearing, so look for more cuts before mid-March.

#USFLToday
9:17 AM · Feb 5, 2023 <<

>> Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
USFL Today
@USFLToday
·
3h
Camp roster sizes are going to be smaller than originally planned, which is partially why we are seeing recently signed players being released ahead of @USFL
training camp.

Training camp size of 58 is a number we are hearing, so look for more cuts before mid-March.

#USFLToday
Christopher Michael Mcdonald
@Christo93467559
·
1h
Replying to
@USFLToday
and
@USFL
Smaller camps don't help the usfl, but helps xfl since they have larger camps, allowing for better opportunity to make a team and play. If was player I would think about that, how can have a player knowing that, xfl(70) vs usfl(58) camp roster size, not good look for usfl.
USFL Today@USFLToday
Replying to
@Christo93467559 and
@USFL
The number was negotiated by the players in the CBA, so obviously, the players are ok with it.
10:34 AM · Feb 5, 2023 <<

I don't know if this is reliable - but who knows. I'd rather have a smaller camp size so those that are going to play get the reps. In the NFL its hurting the seasons's opening weeks to have 90 at camp when the roster is only 53, IMO.

Since the increase in player signings was likely to lock up players from the XFL incase more players left, this doesn't surprise me. But nothing official yet. Whether its 60 or 58 its a good number. XFL increased there size from 66 to over 70 compensate the NFLAA after they could not meet their initial obligation. I'm sure the coaches would rather focus on the players they likely are going to keep and have on active roster.
GDAWG
MVP

Re: Training Camp size - USFL

Post by GDAWG »

Hopefully by the time USFL Training Camps start the Stars will have more than one QB signed. I wonder what's taking them so long to bring back Case Cookus and KJ Costello?
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:28 pm Hopefully by the time USFL Training Camps start the Stars will have more than one QB signed. I wonder what's taking them so long to bring back Case Cookus and KJ Costello?
Well maybe they have signed and they want to time the announcement. Or Cookus is holding out for an NFL contract in March. Costello? who knows, could be moving on from FB. And now Scott in the miss.

Granted, I'm with you - I'd like to see it a done deal sooner than later.

As far as USFL cuts, with the XFL making their own large cutrs to get from 70ish to 51, there's going to be A LOT of hungry players looking to get on the USFL's 400 man roster. For example:
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:44 pm
GDAWG wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:28 pm Hopefully by the time USFL Training Camps start the Stars will have more than one QB signed. I wonder what's taking them so long to bring back Case Cookus and KJ Costello?
Well maybe they have signed and they want to time the announcement. Or Cookus is holding out for an NFL contract in March. Costello? who knows, could be moving on from FB. And now Scott in the miss.

Granted, I'm with you - I'd like to see it a done deal sooner than later.

As far as USFL cuts, with the XFL making their own large cutrs to get from 70ish to 51, there's going to be A LOT of hungry players looking to get on the USFL's 400 man roster. For example:
If Cookus is waiting for an NFL contract in March, he's going to have to wait a while, so might as well return to the USFL.