Panthers HC Fisher out Nolan in

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Re: Panthers HC Fisher out Nolan in

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

4th&long wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:16 pm
laxtreme56 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:07 pm Another "left to spend more time with family" stock answer. 3rd head coach so far. Is something brewing under the surface and Fischer wanted to get out beforehand
I think the USFL is growing faster than expected not much but (XFL likely moved it one step faster) moving along. He's further from home, going to travel more and its a bigger time commitment. Fedora was looking for a simpler league, too. I think they got lucky with Nolan as replacement.

I'm concerned Haley may leave too. Hopefully not. He's from TB area and I think the Memphis move wasn't a plus, also no showing at HC meeting ... who knows.
I thought Fedora said it was the opposite situation, that he didn't want to commit to a team that had no home games. I'll also note that the next two coaching replacements have both only issued boilerplate responses from the league instead of making their own statements—between that and the sudden jump to four home stadiums, it seems Murdoch and company weren't happy with Fedora putting them on notice.
4th&long
MVP

Re: Panthers HC Fisher out Nolan in

Post by 4th&long »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:51 pm
4th&long wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:16 pm
laxtreme56 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:07 pm Another "left to spend more time with family" stock answer. 3rd head coach so far. Is something brewing under the surface and Fischer wanted to get out beforehand
I think the USFL is growing faster than expected not much but (XFL likely moved it one step faster) moving along. He's further from home, going to travel more and its a bigger time commitment. Fedora was looking for a simpler league, too. I think they got lucky with Nolan as replacement.

I'm concerned Haley may leave too. Hopefully not. He's from TB area and I think the Memphis move wasn't a plus, also no showing at HC meeting ... who knows.
I thought Fedora said it was the opposite situation, that he didn't want to commit to a team that had no home games. I'll also note that the next two coaching replacements have both only issued boilerplate responses from the league instead of making their own statements—between that and the sudden jump to four home stadiums, it seems Murdoch and company weren't happy with Fedora putting them on notice.
In an interview Fedora had right after the season was over, when asked what he was going to do in off season, heis answer was basically - not football. I think he said "not football" - that's why I was worried as USFL cranks upif he'd stay. When he left I wasn't surprised cause he was clear about that. The USFL is becoming a bigger commitment and the B Woods model is morphing - faster with XFL. If not for XFL it may have been 2 hubs this year. Especially for the salary involved.