Maulers Rebrand

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

Re: Maulers Rebrand

Post by 4th&long »

4th&long wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:06 pm
GDAWG wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:36 pm
herns wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:59 pm

Maybe they stay in canton it’s only an hour and a half away, them labeling it as the greater Pittsburgh area makes me think it’s possible
Canton is an hour from Cleveland but two hours from Pittsburgh so it's a weird move
I think if Canton was permanent home the maulers rebrand would have been more extensive like the Ohio Maulers. I think the rebrand says we'll be in Pitts, just not yet.

I think its a temporary move and possibly a test of an Ohio team in future.
Also Ohio is a huge alt FB league TV market. If they stay there perm, there may be another rebrand.

Also likely great deal on a perfectly good sized alt Fb stadium that's done well for USFL and is next to the Pro Football HOF. Who knows they may have worked out a ticket deal with the HOF.
https://21.list360.net/canton-ohio-to-h ... 162f5037fd

>> “Because I’ve been a defensive coach for both the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Cleveland Browns, I know how passionate football fans are in Western Pennsylvania and Northeast Ohio,” said Horton. “As the USFL works to eventually move the Maulers into Pittsburgh, playing the 2023 regular season games in Canton presents an incredible opportunity for fans throughout the region to check us out and see first-hand the high-quality professional football being played in the USFL. My staff and I are working tirelessly to build a championship-caliber team, so we’re excited about having fans visit the Pro Football Hall of Fame stadium to have a fun time and hopefully become lifelong Maulers fans.” <<

Called it. This makes sense also close to Detroit for bus travel North teams.
4th&long
MVP

Maulers Rebrand/Canton- Steelers fans sites re

Post by 4th&long »

https://steelersnow.com/pittsburgh-maul ... in-canton/

>> The United States Football League announced Wednesday morning that Canton, Ohio, will be the host site for the Pittsburgh Maulers and New Jersey Generals. The two teams will also practice in the shadow of the Pro Football Hall of Fame during the 2023 regular season, which will start April 23.

“The outstanding regional support we received during our first postseason from football fans in Ohio and Pennsylvania, including the great city of Pittsburgh, coupled with our successful partnership with the Hall of Fame Village, led to this moment,” said Daryl Johnston, the USFL’s Executive Vice President of Football Operations.

This news comes after the Maulers adopted new black and gold colors to be uniform with the rest of Pittsburgh sports teams on Tuesday.

On Sunday, April 23, the Maulers and Generals will clash in Canton’s first regular season contest.<<
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

"eventually" move to Pittsburgh. I plan to eventually win the Mega Millions too. Will Fox front the move or does an ownership group need to come forward first?
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

laxtreme56 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:43 pm "eventually" move to Pittsburgh. I plan to eventually win the Mega Millions too. Will Fox front the move or does an ownership group need to come forward first?
The fact they’re in 2 more home markets makes me guess they’ll front the move. Sounds like they have an idea what season 3 will look like on if there’s hubs/how many. But i highly doubt they’d recolored the team unless they planned on getting them in market
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:53 pm
laxtreme56 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:43 pm "eventually" move to Pittsburgh. I plan to eventually win the Mega Millions too. Will Fox front the move or does an ownership group need to come forward first?
The fact they’re in 2 more home markets makes me guess they’ll front the move. Sounds like they have an idea what season 3 will look like on if there’s hubs/how many. But i highly doubt they’d recolored the team unless they planned on getting them in market
Exact herns... stated same in post in above.

IMO Canton is a half step to Pittsburgh its close esp on west side of Pitt. So its 4 hubs in 3 + .5 for Canton =3.5 cities. Much better than I expected.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Since the USFL already has a built in relationship with Canton, maybe they can use Canton in the future for their own team.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

GDAWG wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:09 am Since the USFL already has a built in relationship with Canton, maybe they can use Canton in the future for their own team.
I hope the maulers this year are meant to serve as a test on if canton can sustain/support a team for a full season and if they support the maulers I hope they get a team when expansion happens