Maulers Rebrand

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
GDAWG
MVP

Maulers Rebrand

Post by GDAWG »

herns
Head Coach

Re: Maulers Rebrand

Post by herns »

GDAWG wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:34 pm
I wonder how it’ll look, I imagine they’ll change to black and yellow because the Pittsburgh fans and city media were loud that they won’t accept them without being black and yellow
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

it also indicates that the team will move to Pittsburgh when the league puts teams in their own cities.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

I think I'd be tempted to go with a gold helmet, just to differentiate the Maulers from the Steelers. I know the Steelers also sometimes wear a yellow helmet, but the options here are limited.

One thing they could do is go with a Vegas gold like the Penguins used to do. I think if that's done right it could look fantastic, make the Maulers look different than the Steelers, and fit within the city's color preferences. But if it's done wrong it would like shit, so fingers crossed.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Oh, they've already updated the social medias to black and yellow. Fair enough.

2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Tank55 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:18 am Oh, they've already updated the social medias to black and yellow. Fair enough.

The logo looks much better in these colors. I hope USFL Network get the unis right
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:17 am I think I'd be tempted to go with a gold helmet, just to differentiate the Maulers from the Steelers. I know the Steelers also sometimes wear a yellow helmet, but the options here are limited.

One thing they could do is go with a Vegas gold like the Penguins used to do. I think if that's done right it could look fantastic, make the Maulers look different than the Steelers, and fit within the city's color preferences. But if it's done wrong it would like shit, so fingers crossed.
Agreed, thinking the same.

A city of black & gold

Also - This is a signal to Pitt and area population - we will be coming to Pitt - come support us.
4th&long
MVP

Local TV - Maulers Rebrand

Post by 4th&long »

https://www.wtae.com/article/pittsburgh ... -autopilot

>> The Pittsburgh Maulers will go with black and gold, switching it up for the second year of the United States Football League.
Advertisement

The new look was unveiled on the Maulers' social media Tuesday morning.

It's a move away from the orange and purple colors that the players wore last season, in a nod to the original Maulers franchise of the 1984 USFL season.

Black and gold is "Pittsburgh appropriate," new head coach Ray Horton said.

"It falls in line with what Pittsburgh expects, and has, and has modeled, so a great decision," Horton said in a video released on social media.<<
4th&long
MVP

Steelers Fan sites picking it up

Post by 4th&long »

>> Steelers Fans@SteelersNewsNow
USFL Pittsburgh Maulers Change Colors To Black And Gold #SteelersFootball #HereWeGo #SteelersNation #SteelersFamily<<

Steelers Depot site too

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/01/usfl- ... -and-gold/