DON'T TELL ME............................................

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
MGB01
MVP

DON'T TELL ME............................................

Post by MGB01 »

Since Brian Woods was brought up in another thread, Conference USA released their schedule today. They're playing Tues/Wed/Thurs (and one Fri) for five weeks from late September on, which is easy to turn to another endeavor. Don't tell me that Woods left to go run back the FXFL with (presumably) this latest Major League Football outfit. They've also apparently locked down their first stadium too, Zions Bank Stadium north of SLC which hosts Real Monarchs of MLS Next Pro--though I seriously doubt they know about it.

What would Donnie say? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
4th&long
MVP

Re: DON'T TELL ME............................................

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:40 pm Since Brian Woods was brought up in another thread, Conference USA released their schedule today. They're playing Tues/Wed/Thurs (and one Fri) for five weeks from late September on, which is easy to turn to another endeavor. Don't tell me that Woods left to go run back the FXFL with (presumably) this latest Major League Football outfit. They've also apparently locked down their first stadium too, Zions Bank Stadium north of SLC which hosts Real Monarchs of MLS Next Pro--though I seriously doubt they know about it.

The Conf USA TV schedule being mid week was known when they signed a new TV deal, months ago.

Not sure what this has to do with Brian Woods.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:00 am
MGB01 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:40 pm Since Brian Woods was brought up in another thread, Conference USA released their schedule today. They're playing Tues/Wed/Thurs (and one Fri) for five weeks from late September on, which is easy to turn to another endeavor. Don't tell me that Woods left to go run back the FXFL with (presumably) this latest Major League Football outfit. They've also apparently locked down their first stadium too, Zions Bank Stadium north of SLC which hosts Real Monarchs of MLS Next Pro--though I seriously doubt they know about it.

The Conf USA TV schedule being mid week was known when they signed a new TV deal, months ago.

He might be inspired to try it again, with this new group--assuming they play midweek.

Unless you actually buy the generic 'spend time with family' (which has almost become its own R-S-T-L-N-E) out.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:08 am
4th&long wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:00 am

He might be inspired to try it again, with this new group--assuming they play midweek.

Unless you actually buy the generic 'spend time with family' (which has almost become its own R-S-T-L-N-E) out.
As far as the 'spend time with family' - clearly is the standard cover. The ultimate reason for his departure, may take a while to come out.

Now as far as what he's up to??? With his "new group" ? What new group? Links?
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Do you spend a lot of time standing in airport runways? I didn't say his group I said this group--this being this Major League Football outfit (unrelated to the Titanic of last summer) that intends to play this fall, the new CUSA schedule possibly inspiring him to make some calls (Hey fellas I had this league in 2014-15...............)

We've discussed these guys a few times before:

https://majorleaguefootball.pro

And yes CUSA was known beforehand but what wasn't known was that nearly half the schedule was going to consist of midweek games instead of the two the Sun Belt play in October.

But if I'm treading on sacred ground, thus the 'come running' response.......................................
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:52 am Do you spend a lot of time standing in airport runways? I didn't say his group I said this group--this being this Major League Football outfit (unrelated to the Titanic of last summer) that intends to play this fall, the new CUSA schedule possibly inspiring him to make some calls (Hey fellas I had this league in 2014-15...............)

And yes CUSA was known beforehand but what wasn't known was that nearly half the schedule was going to consist of midweek games instead of the two the Sun Belt play in October.

But if I'm treading on sacred ground, thus the 'come running' response.......................................
Actually the ConfUSA increase in mid week games was known when they signed.

So there's no association with B Woods and MLF that you are aware of at this point. Got it.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:05 am
MGB01 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:52 am Do you spend a lot of time standing in airport runways? I didn't say his group I said this group--this being this Major League Football outfit (unrelated to the Titanic of last summer) that intends to play this fall, the new CUSA schedule possibly inspiring him to make some calls (Hey fellas I had this league in 2014-15...............)

Actually the ConfUSA increase in mid week games was known when they signed.

So there's no association with B Woods and MLF that you are aware of at this point. Got it.
Didn't say there was, mentioned it as a possibility

But by all means, back to your runway worship
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

There are two Major League Footballs?
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Yep, this was the one that briefly was going to try to run last fall, not to be confused with the one founded in 2014 and has had two (at least) failed launches.

Humorously, it uses the MLF initials without self-awareness (Inside MLF) :D
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

GDAWG wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:43 am There are two Major League Footballs?
Yeah. This second one is even worse managed than the first.