USFL to have 4 hubs for season 2

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

Re: USFL to have 4 hubs for season 2

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:03 am
Nothing new here. Detroit & Canton with NO for now:

>> At the time of publication the locations that have been floated for the Michigan hub are Ford Field and Rynearson Stadium.

Additionally, it’s not expected that either the Generals or Maulers will rebrand if Canton is the final landing spot.
<<

But we'll see. Moving Pitt to football hungry Ohio would not be a stretch, leaving NJ/NY would be a big issue IMO.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Not rebranding the Maulers would be bizarre. Ohio Valley Maulers? That sounds so minor league though.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:32 am
herns wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:03 am
Nothing new here. Detroit & Canton with NO for now:

>> At the time of publication the locations that have been floated for the Michigan hub are Ford Field and Rynearson Stadium.

Additionally, it’s not expected that either the Generals or Maulers will rebrand if Canton is the final landing spot.
<<

But we'll see. Moving Pitt to football hungry Ohio would not be a stretch, leaving NJ/NY would be a big issue IMO.
The non rebrand is semi new also they say that the hubs are nearly final so hopefully it means news is coming soon. Not rebranding Pitt would be something I truly wouldn’t get, ig just accepting one hub won’t have fans in stands
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Tank55 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:58 am Not rebranding the Maulers would be bizarre. Ohio Valley Maulers? That sounds so minor league though.
I think it would just stay the Pittsburgh maulers and they’d just play in canton which is an odd choice by the league if that’s how they go about it. Ig it’s near Pittsburgh but I doubt many fans will travel from Pitt
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:25 pm
Tank55 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:58 am Not rebranding the Maulers would be bizarre. Ohio Valley Maulers? That sounds so minor league though.
I think it would just stay the Pittsburgh maulers and they’d just play in canton which is an odd choice by the league if that’s how they go about it. Ig it’s near Pittsburgh but I doubt many fans will travel from Pitt
They could either call them the Pitt-Canton Maulers or Ohio Maulers or rebrand as Ohio xxxxx. No way its Ohio Valley.
The issue is if they rebrand NJ - that's not good. Need that BIG TV market.

Canton is part if the Cleveland TV market (slightly bigger than Pitt) and there's always Columbus - the biggest and $$ city of Ohio with no NFL (yes Ohio St in CFB), no spring MLB or NBA, that they could eventually move to.

But could Canton/Cleveland support 5 games (in long term) and fill stadium ? Absolutely.
Last edited by 4th&long on Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:31 pm
herns wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:25 pm
They could either call them the Pitt-Canton Maulers or Ohio Maulers or rebrand as Ohio xxxxx. No way its Ohio Valley.
The issue is if they rebrand NJ - that's not good.
I think NJ is probably safe, idk how that’d go over if they were the Ohio/Pitt maulers
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:44 pm
herns,

Nothing confirmed here as yet...

>> USFL Center @USFLCenter
Info on 2023 #USFL hubs so far

North
2 hubs - Detroit & Canton

Rynearsen Stadium will likely house the #Panthers and one more North Division team.

Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium will likely house the #Maulers and one more North Division team.

Info unconfirmed by league
8:37 PM · Jan 20, 2023 <<

So we still need to get this nailed down by league. Birm and Memphis are confirmed however. They may be looking to time it to counter program an XFL announcement or they really haven't nailed it down yet. Listening to the USFL Podcast it sounds like some 'insiders' have info but won't release it quite yet,
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:13 pm
herns wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:44 pm
herns,

Nothing confirmed here as yet...

>> USFL Center @USFLCenter
Info on 2023 #USFL hubs so far

North
2 hubs - Detroit & Canton

Rynearsen Stadium will likely house the #Panthers and one more North Division team.

Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium will likely house the #Maulers and one more North Division team.

Info unconfirmed by league
8:37 PM · Jan 20, 2023 <<

So we still need to get this nailed down by league. Birm and Memphis are confirmed however. They may be looking to time it to counter program an XFL announcement or they really haven't nailed it down yet. Listening to the USFL Podcast it sounds like some 'insiders' have info but won't release it quite yet,
Ya, never meant it as fact when I posted it more just added smoke. I wouldn’t be surprised if the hubs are lined up and they’re waiting for a day they picked to announce it, could also be they wanted to have the coaches meetings and league meetings that happened last week before any announcements to solidify any marketing schedule/plans