USFL to have 4 hubs for season 2

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

Re: USFL to have 4 hubs for season 2

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:29 pm
4th&long wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:13 pm
herns wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:44 pm
herns,

Nothing confirmed here as yet...

>> USFL Center @USFLCenter
Info on 2023 #USFL hubs so far

North
2 hubs - Detroit & Canton

Rynearsen Stadium will likely house the #Panthers and one more North Division team.

Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium will likely house the #Maulers and one more North Division team.

Info unconfirmed by league
8:37 PM · Jan 20, 2023 <<

So we still need to get this nailed down by league. Birm and Memphis are confirmed however. They may be looking to time it to counter program an XFL announcement or they really haven't nailed it down yet. Listening to the USFL Podcast it sounds like some 'insiders' have info but won't release it quite yet,
Ya, never meant it as fact when I posted it more just added smoke. I wouldn’t be surprised if the hubs are lined up and they’re waiting for a day they picked to announce it, could also be they wanted to have the coaches meetings and league meetings that happened last week before any announcements to solidify any marketing schedule/plans
Agreed
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

With Moose Johnston done doing NFL Games at Fox until September, he can now devote 100% of his focus on the USFL. He said locally on the radio that he begins his weekly prep work for Fox NFL Sunday on Wednesday. I expect that we will have drops of USFL news in droves soon, now that Moose is going to focus on his USFL role.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Was there anything on NBC today? It'd probably be unlikely that they have anything during the heavy part of their golf schedule (the six weeks CBS is all NCAAB) but not entirely off the table since it is their last event(s) before the USFL kicks off, and they're also sort of steering The Players Championship into their Masters so that can't be ruled out--they did have something during their Masters coverage on Golf Channel.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:00 am Was there anything on NBC today? It'd probably be unlikely that they have anything during the heavy part of their golf schedule (the six weeks CBS is all NCAAB) but not entirely off the table since it is their last event(s) before the USFL kicks off, and they're also sort of steering The Players Championship into their Masters so that can't be ruled out--they did have something during their Masters coverage on Golf Channel.
What did they have?
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:53 am It was in this thread

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3578&p=23561#p23561
So nothing current.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:16 pm
MGB01 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:53 am It was in this thread

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3578&p=23561#p23561
So nothing current.
I was referencing last year's coverage with the latter, which is why I preceded it with NBC making TPC into their Masters (since theirs consists of the aforementioned Golf Channel)
4th&long
MVP

USFL 4 Hubs 3.5 home teams - Scheduling

Post by 4th&long »

Now that the USFL has 4 Hubs 3.5 home teams officially. What will scheduling look like?

I can see each of the "home" cities getting 6 home games at least. But I'm not sure the non-home hub based teams will get 5 games. Suppose Stars "home" game is with birmingham? Will that game be at Birm or at Canton?

I think if Stars play home to Generals it will be at Canton and at Detroit if Generals play at Stars - but for teams playing home or away if they could play at a home based hub team - that should be interesting.

So again at minimum 6 x 4 or 24 games should be in front of some level of a crowd.

e.g.
Philly at Michigan
NJ at Michigan
Pitt at Michigan
Houston at Michigan
Birm at Michigan

Mich at Starrs in Detroit

Again where will the game be when MIch plays at Generals. It may not be Canton, it could be Detroit.

Then the question is will games be prescheduled or flexible or a hybrid. Perhaps the home hub teams will be static but the non-home hub team games may be flexible.

The USFL scheduling will be interesting.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

I get the appeal of playing Panthers "road" games in Detroit, but I think that really undermines the competitive integrity of the league. So I think I'd resist that temptation. But definitely a good question with legitimate pros and cons to each.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Tank55 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:59 pm I get the appeal of playing Panthers "road" games in Detroit, but I think that really undermines the competitive integrity of the league. So I think I'd resist that temptation. But definitely a good question with legitimate pros and cons to each.
I think it’s almost a guarantee to happen at least once per hub, gets an extra game with a crowd which is good for broadcasts