USFL to have 4 hubs for season 2

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
herns
Head Coach

USFL to have 4 hubs for season 2

Post by herns »

If they rebrand a team to Ohio/canton I think it’ll really well support wise, if they don’t rebrand a team to canton I’m expecting an empty stadium. Regardless it’s good to see them do 4 hubs
GDAWG
MVP

Re: USFL to have 4 hubs for season 2

Post by GDAWG »

Looks like Philly didn't work out as they had hoped, but Canton isn't a bad option.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:49 pm

If they rebrand a team to Ohio/canton I think it’ll really well support wise, if they don’t rebrand a team to canton I’m expecting an empty stadium. Regardless it’s good to see them do 4 hubs
Wow if true...

Gotta rebrand the Maulers to Canton, losing NJ would be a BIG LOSS. Losing Pitt for Ohio is a net win, IMO.
Call them OHIO (not canton) and they can always move to Columbus. There is no stadium in Pitt to play sans Steelers (was Heinz) so Canton is OK.

BUT I'm if they are moving NJ OUT that's a massive TV reduction for a league designed for TV ratings only.

They could however be NJ and PITT at Canton its 2 hr ride from Pitt.

But IMO move Pitt to Ohio...
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:20 pm
herns wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:49 pm

Wow if true...

Gotta rebrand the Maulers to Canton, losing NJ would be a BIG LOSS. Losing Pitt for Ohio is a net win, IMO.
Call them OHIO (not canton) and they can always move to Columbus. There is no stadium in Pitt to play sans Steelers (was Heinz) so Canton is OK.

BUT I'm if they are moving NJ OUT that's a massive TV reduction for a league designed for TV ratings only.

They could however be NJ and PITT at Canton its 2 hr ride from Pitt.

But IMO move Pitt to Ohio...
If they stick with Pitt and NJ as the cities but are in canton idk how to feel about it. I’d like that they got to 4 hubs but I think it’d result in an empty stadium
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

I get why they went with Canton as they did a good job hosting the USFL postseason....and also, it's history in pro football.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:27 pm I get why they went with Canton as they did a good job hosting the USFL postseason....and also, it's history in pro football.
Its go nothing to do with the branded teams though, so I'm not so sure its a smart move, unless they rebrand Pitt.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:31 pm
GDAWG wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:27 pm I get why they went with Canton as they did a good job hosting the USFL postseason....and also, it's history in pro football.
Its go nothing to do with the branded teams though, so I'm not so sure its a smart move, unless they rebrand Pitt.
It isn’t to far from Pitt (2 hrs), maybe they’re hoping with enough advertising Pitt fans will travel.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

You definitely need to have a home team in Canton. Totally undercuts the point of opening another hub otherwise. I'd love to see them get their hands on the Bulldogs name, although I'm sure that will probably be more trouble than it's worth.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:30 pm You definitely need to have a home team in Canton. Totally undercuts the point of opening another hub otherwise. I'd love to see them get their hands on the Bulldogs name, although I'm sure that will probably be more trouble than it's worth.
Agreed. I just hope its not NJ rebrand but Pitt. Even a Pitt-Canton Maulers or Ohio. I prefer Ohio to Canton.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »