B Woods leaving USFL?

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

B Woods leaving USFL?

Post by 4th&long »

https://usflnewsroom.com/news/brian-woo ... t-of-usfl/

>> Sources are tellings us that Brian Woods has resigned from his role with the USFL. They also tell us that he left on his own accord and felt that it was the right time to move on.

We’ve reached out to the USFL for a comment, but at the time of publication have not received confirmation. <<

I don't see word elsewhere... Very interesting.
laxtreme56
Coach

Re: B Woods leaving USFL?

Post by laxtreme56 »

I wonder if it's one of those, "either you quit or get fired" scenarios.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

laxtreme56 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:00 am I wonder if it's one of those, "either you quit or get fired" scenarios.
Looks 'pushed' as usflnewshub stating the usual excuse "for family reasons". Could be personal issues which could taint USFL, or not liking the direction and left, or Fox was overriding him. Who knows. Could be Fox/Johnston butting heads with Woods. Hopefully its not something bad for the league. But I don't think its good.

https://usflnewshub.com/usfl-news/usfl- ... c5ac6f10ef
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Mark Perry on the USFL newshub podcast on YouTube mentioned the plan for fox was always to get rid of woods after year 1 when they were on a stable foundation
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

Why not get rid of him sooner? Did Fox want to learn how to bounce a check, that's about all Woods was good for
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

laxtreme56 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:09 pm Why not get rid of him sooner? Did Fox want to learn how to bounce a check, that's about all Woods was good for
Probably knew they were rushing into the season and wanted a football guy who’s had experience putting together a season in very little time
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:11 pm
laxtreme56 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:09 pm Why not get rid of him sooner? Did Fox want to learn how to bounce a check, that's about all Woods was good for
Probably knew they were rushing into the season and wanted a football guy who’s had experience putting together a season in very little time
Was that recent by Mark Perry? What's his source? The spring FB drama is exploddding!
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

I always saw Woods as kinda the alt pro football leagues version of Paul Heyman: can put stuff together--as long as it isn't a checkbook or a budget.

Plus he also at least had the promo thing down, although it aged terribly (see Maurice Jones-Drew)
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:26 pm
herns wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:11 pm
Was that recent by Mark Perry? What's his source? The spring FB drama is exploddding!
He mentioned it in his most recent show yes as for source idk