USFL QB's for 2023

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
herns
Head Coach

Re: USFL QB's for 2023

Post by herns »

This is another big signing , only tabs that still need a qb are houston and Philly imo
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

herns wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:46 am This is another big signing , only tabs that still need a qb are houston and Philly imo
So why wasn't the XFL interested in him?
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

GDAWG wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:03 pm
herns wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:46 am This is another big signing , only tabs that still need a qb are houston and Philly imo
They were, it seems some qbs just chose the USFL like James Morgan, Aqeel glass, and Davis cheek. But mitchel had a write up of potential qbs and he later said xfl was interested in all the qbs on his list and Kelley and the other 3 were on the list
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

herns wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:39 pm
They were, it seems some qbs just chose the USFL like James Morgan, Aqeel glass, and Davis cheek. But mitchel had a write up of potential qbs and he later said xfl was interested in all the qbs on his list and Kelley and the other 3 were on the list
They all have a chance to play and even start in the USFL in 2023.

As for Philly, I think that they will bring back Case Cookus and/or KJ Costello. There's a reason that they have only one QB signed, also a reason that Costello's name wasn't ever mentioned in connection with the XFL or NFL tryouts since he was released by the Saints in August.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

GDAWG wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:51 pm

As for Philly, I think that they will bring back Case Cookus and/or KJ Costello. There's a reason that they have only one QB signed, also a reason that Costello's name wasn't ever mentioned in connection with the XFL or NFL tryouts since he was released by the Saints in August.
If Philly get cookus back then I really like the qb rooms for every team in the league other than houston
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

herns wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:52 pm
GDAWG wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:51 pm

If Philly get cookus back then I really like the qb rooms for every team in the league other than houston
I strongly believe that Cookus will be back with the Stars, because they haven't signed anyone else since they signed Kevin Thomson. They could have signed Glass, Morgan, Cheek, Kelley or Jalen Morton, but passed on them and they signed with other USFL teams. This is likely strategic on the Stars part in that they believe that Cookus will return. There's also a reason that KJ Costello's name hasn't come up anywhere in the pro football landscape as well. Now when Cookus wasn't offered a futures deal by the Rams, it was mentioned he was going to be a free agent in two weeks. Now I think we may know this week as to his future. It's possible that both Cookus and Costello are going to sign up north with the CFL, but if that was the case, then why haven't the Stars signed anyone else at QB?
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

As a panthers fan I don’t want this, i like love and EB as qbs a lot more for Michigan. I hope Houston’s calling Scott though they NEED a qb
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:49 am

As a panthers fan I don’t want this, i like love and EB as qbs a lot more for Michigan. I hope Houston’s calling Scott though they NEED a qb
>>Mike Mitchell@ByMikeMitchell
Replying to @ByAnthonyMiller

@fballanalyst04 and @XFLVipers
As for Bryan Scott. He wants to be a starter. So, the great thing about spring pro football now in the United States is that there are 16 teams in the landscape. Players have more options. I know that the Michigan Panthers have interest in Scott.
10:44 AM · Jan 30, 2023 <<

If Panthers have interest - makes sense - tells me Cookus is coming back to Stars or they would have interest too.
4th&long
MVP

Perez not starting either?

Post by 4th&long »

Looks like Perez out as starter too.

>> Mike Mitchell@ByMikeMitchell
Brett Hundley is going to be the starting QB for the @XFLVipers

That’s why Bryan Scott and Vegas have mutually agreed to part ways.

The XFL and the Vipers have had interest and talks with Hundley’s reps for quite some time. His availability was in question.
10:31 AM · Jan 30, 2023 <<

In summary B Scott "Leave USFL play for us" - The XFL; next Luis Perez "Leave USFL play for us" - The XFL
Then Hundley - Less tahn 3 weeks before games start signing Hundley (so much for 5 week of camp) - "Hey Hundley come sign with us and start, we'll bench the two other spring leaguers" - The XFL

Per MM they've been in discussions with Brett for a while, guess LP and BS didn't know (granted they have no obligation to tell them but... they gotta feel stiffed)

For the Fans! XFL a league of opportunity! to leave a starting role and sit on bench? This isn't going to sit well (pun intended with many who made the jump)
MGB01
MVP

Re: Perez not starting either?

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:03 am Looks like Perez out as starter too.

>> Mike Mitchell@ByMikeMitchell
Brett Hundley is going to be the starting QB for the @XFLVipers

That’s why Bryan Scott and Vegas have mutually agreed to part ways.

The XFL and the Vipers have had interest and talks with Hundley’s reps for quite some time. His availability was in question.
10:31 AM · Jan 30, 2023 <<

In summary B Scott "Leave USFL play for us" - The XFL; next Luis Perez "Leave USFL play for us" - The XFL
Then Hundley - Less tahn 3 weeks before games start signing Hundley (so much for 5 week of camp) - "Hey Hundley come sign with us and start, we'll bench the two other spring leaguers" - The XFL

Per MM they've been in discussions with Brett for a while, guess LP and BS didn't know (granted they have no obligation to tell them but... they gotta feel stiffed)

For the Fans! XFL a league of opportunity! to leave a starting role and sit on bench? This isn't going to sit well (pun intended with many who made the jump)

And we should just start guaranteeing jobs right?

Looks like we got someone to take BengalErnst's "torch"