USFL QB's for 2023

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
GDAWG
MVP

Re: USFL QB's for 2023

Post by GDAWG »

GregParks wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:24 am From what I understand, players under USFL contract can still participate in the NFLAA. It would be like Bryan Scott, still under USFL contract, working with Jordan Palmer. There are a few USFL players on the NFLAA roster.
Still, if Lynch leaves the USFL, there's going to be a sense of urgency at the QB position for the USFL if there isn't already.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Updated after the Breakers signed Aqeel Glass and Stallions signed Jalen Morton.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Aqeel glass is the biggest signing the leagues made, I’m really excited to see how coach flip and him work together. On paper he’s a perfect fit for coach flips scheme
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

herns wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:13 pm Aqeel glass is the biggest signing the leagues made, I’m really excited to see how coach flip and him work together. On paper he’s a perfect fit for coach flips scheme
I wonder why the XFL didn't take him, since he was one of the QBs Jordan Palmer worked with before the assignments were leaked.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:19 pm
herns wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:13 pm Aqeel glass is the biggest signing the leagues made, I’m really excited to see how coach flip and him work together. On paper he’s a perfect fit for coach flips scheme
I wonder why the XFL didn't take him, since he was one of the QBs Jordan Palmer worked with before the assignments were leaked.
Well - I guess USFL won't sit on sidelines for ever, perhaps he has a better chance at starting in USFL and took them over XFL? Either way - nice signing.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

I thought it was odd as well, especially with the HBCU showcase being such a big deal and then not taking the top HBCU qb. Could be he just chose the USFL over that since the scheme seems to be absolutely perfect for him otherwise idk. But I’m glad he’s with NOLA, could be one of the most explosive offenses in alt football
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:34 pm
Well - I guess USFL won't sit on sidelines for ever, perhaps he has a better chance at starting in USFL and took them over XFL? Either way - nice signing.
Probably since the other QBs for New Orleans are Zach Smith and Shea Patterson and he could easily beat both of them out.

It's good to finally have QB movement in the USFL. It will be interesting to see who the Stars add to their QB room.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:39 pm

Probably since the other QBs for New Orleans are Zach Smith and Shea Patterson and he could easily beat both of them out.

It's good to finally have QB movement in the USFL. It will be interesting to see who the Stars add to their QB room.
I wonder if Andrus has already talked to cookus about if he’s back and that’s why they only signed one qb
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:39 pm

I was thinking more on the XFL side (ie a backup) but I think you're right here as well, he could start NOLA with that trio.