USFL QB's for 2023

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
GDAWG
MVP

USFL QB's for 2023

Post by GDAWG »

Confirmed for 2023:

Birmingham Stallions- J'Mar Smith, Alex McGough, Jalen Morton, Kyle Sloter
Houston Gamblers- Kenji Bahar, Terry Wilson, Montell Cozart
Memphis Showboats- Ryan Willis, Brady White, Cole Kelley
Michigan Panthers- Josh Love, Eric Barriere, Carson Strong, Brian Lewerke
New Jersey Generals- De'Andre Johnson, Kyle Lauletta, Dakota Prukop
New Orleans Breakers- McLeod Bethel-Thompson, Aqeel Glass, Davis Cheek
Philadelphia Stars- Case Cookus, KJ Costello, Kevin Thomson, Vad Lee
Pittsburgh Maulers- James Morgan, Troy Williams, Connor Sampson
Last edited by GDAWG on Thu May 18, 2023 5:34 pm, edited 42 times in total.
herns
Head Coach

Re: USFL QB's for 2023

Post by herns »

GDAWG wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:37 pm Confirmed for 2023:

Birmingham Stallions- J'Mar Smith, Alex McGough, Montell Cozart
Houston Gamblers- Clayton Thorson, Kenji Bahar, Terry Wilson
Memphis Showboats- Brady White
Michigan Panthers- Paxton Lynch, Josh Love, Eric Barriere
New Jersey Generals- De'Andre Johnson, Kyle Lauletta, Daquan Neal
New Orleans Breakers- Zach Smith, Shea Patterson
Philadelphia Stars- Case Cookus, Kevin Thomson
Pittsburgh Maulers- Vad Lee, Roland Rivers, James Morgan, Troy Williams, Chase Fourcade

Likely gone from USFL: Jordan Ta'amu and Bryan Scott
Free Agents: Carson Strong, Khalil Tate, Anthony Gordon, Aqeel Glass, Kelly Bryant, Josh Rosen, Brett Hundley, Deshone Kizer, Jarrett Guarantano, Davis Cheek, Nate Stanley, Kevin Hogan, Mike Glennon, Kurt Benkert
Breakers, gamblers, and of course showboats are the only teams I think need a qb. I’m excited to see Brady white play, I wanted him to start last year, could see the maulers making a trade or two as well. Wonder if Sumlin reaches out to Tate
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

I plan on updating this thread as moves happen.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Maulers going after a 6th qb with Kelly Bryant
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

herns wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:57 am

What the hell are the Maulers doing? Unless they plan on trading Vad Lee and Roland Rivers III or both are free agents come December 31st (which is possible), this signing makes no sense. Then again, this is the Maulers, and nothing that Kirby Wilson has done as a head coach has made any sense.....unless Kirby plans to have all 6 QBs on the field at the same time.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

GDAWG wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:44 pm

What the hell are the Maulers doing? Unless they plan on trading Vad Lee and Roland Rivers III or both are free agents come December 31st (which is possible), this signing makes no sense. Then again, this is the Maulers, and nothing that Kirby Wilson has done as a head coach has made any sense.....unless Kirby plans to have all 6 QBs on the field at the same time.
My best guess would be they’re trying to gather as much talent as possible and figure it out later, they’ve got 2 good options from last year and then brought in a wildcard from HUB football and the cfl with Fourcade and also one of the biggest signings of the offseason with James Morgan. I hope if they sign bryant that they do some trades because 6 qbs on the roster would be insane
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

herns wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:28 pm

My best guess would be they’re trying to gather as much talent as possible and figure it out later, they’ve got 2 good options from last year and then brought in a wildcard from HUB football and the cfl with Fourcade and also one of the biggest signings of the offseason with James Morgan. I hope if they sign bryant that they do some trades because 6 qbs on the roster would be insane
It's always possible that Lee and Rivers are free agents on December 31st.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:28 pm

I think Herns is correct here. And as all player contracts are with the USFL (not the team) they can easily trade from one team to another.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Memphis Showboats- Brady White, Guy Meyers
Pittsburgh Maulers- Vad Lee, Roland Rivers, James Morgan, Troy Williams, Chase Fourcade

Free Agents: Carson Strong, Khalil Tate, Anthony Gordon, Aqeel Glass, Kelly Bryant, Josh Rosen, Brett Hundley, Deshone Kizer, Jarrett Guarantano, Davis Cheek, Nate Stanley, Kevin Hogan, Mike Glennon, Kurt Benkert
I think KJ Costello is available as a FA too. And there other college level players avail and expect NFL player cuts come Jan, plus the XFL may drop a few.

USFL lost two playoff QBs in Perez and Sloter, they need to hold on Cookus and J'mar & McGough. They should also get XFL to pay top $ to sign Scott and Ta'amu.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:59 am

Memphis Showboats- Brady White, Guy Meyers

I think KJ Costello is available as a FA too. And there other college level players avail and expect NFL player cuts come Jan, plus the XFL may drop a few.

USFL lost two playoff QBs in Perez and Sloter, they need to hold on Cookus and J'mar & McGough. They should also get XFL to pay top $ to sign Scott and Ta'amu.
there are also QBs who we thought were locks for the XFL like Carson Strong, Aqeel Glass, Khalil Tate, Davis Cheeks and Jarrett Guarantano who for some reason weren't chosen by the XFL.

While J'Mar Smith hasn't been confirmed for a return, RB Bo Scarborough will return as he was at Stallions Media Day with Skip Holtz: