USFL year 2 Commerical on FOX

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
MGB01
MVP

Re: USFL year 2 Commerical on FOX

Post by MGB01 »

The XFL could kill this dead anyway by having Ward and Stoops on GMA Friday.

Yes that's the same GMA co-hosted by Strahan. You kind of get the feeling that he's as much of a participant (um, me, really?) as Ward was with the AAF four years ago, even then I don't remember anything other than Neuweasel whining about XFL sabotage for an ad campaign.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

MGB01 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:39 am The XFL could kill this dead anyway by having Ward and Stoops on GMA Friday.

Yes that's the same GMA co-hosted by Strahan. You kind of get the feeling that he's as much of a participant (um, me, really?) as Ward was with the AAF four years ago, even then I don't remember anything other than Neuweasel whining about XFL sabotage for an ad campaign.
Wtf are you talking about and why are you so upset, it isnt a big deal. It was to be expected that there’d be shots taken and AAF had much bigger things to worry about
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

herns wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:06 am
MGB01 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:39 am The XFL could kill this dead anyway by having Ward and Stoops on GMA Friday.

Wtf are you talking about and why are you so upset, it isnt a big deal. It was to be expected that there’d be shots taken and AAF had much bigger things to worry about
You do notice Strahan in the latest round of USFL ads right? So it is kind of a thing that he'd potentially be right in the middle of both.

But what is the longer (past just getting to kickoff) goal here? Simply running back '22 isn't going to work, especially after all this. In fact that's good way not to get to year three.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

MGB01 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:18 am
herns wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:06 am

You do notice Strahan in the latest round of USFL ads right? So it is kind of a thing that he'd potentially be right in the middle of both.

But what is the longer (past just getting to kickoff) goal here? Simply running back '22 isn't going to work, especially after all this. In fact that's good way not to get to year three.
I do see Strahan and I also see you are waaaaaaaaay over reacting. The commercials aren’t going to affect the season or future seasons past making more people aware of the league, it isn’t a big deal that they took a jab at the xfl and it won’t affect the future of the league you’re reaching like crazy
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:28 am

I do see Strahan and I also see you are waaaaaaaaay over reacting. The commercials aren’t going to affect the season or future seasons past making more people aware of the league, it isn’t a big deal that they took a jab at the xfl and it won’t affect the future of the league you’re reaching like crazy
USFL pinned the ad at Top of Twitter at least for Now - so they ain't bein' shy 'bout it.

herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:42 am

USFL pinned the ad at Top of Twitter at least for Now - so they ain't bein' shy 'bout it.

They’re not shying away at all and seem to be going head first into the competition I’m js it won’t make or break the league like he’s trying to say. If the league were to fail it wouldn’t be because they took a couple shots at their competition
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Matter of fact, you're right. The XFL1.0 strategy had nothing to do with burying the league by mid-season............

Oddly, you would expect this from the guy who not only was there for the Monday night wars (hilariously mocking Hogan, Savage, Ric Flair, and Bret Hart in a promo) but was the one active non-McMahon figure involved in X1, not the network that had to spend just as much effort convincing anyone they were a real legit thing as they did getting the NFL in the first place.

The "war" didn't start, but went to the next level, the day Kyler Murray and Hop tried the double pass against the Seahawks and Amin/Moose attributed it falsely to the USFL. Doesn't mean it's a good strategy though, is Jesse lurking around to yell WE TACKLE HERE? (no, only cause you'll never see him on FOX)
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:03 pm
4th&long wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:42 am

They’re not shying away at all and seem to be going head first into the competition I’m js it won’t make or break the league like he’s trying to say. If the league were to fail it wouldn’t be because they took a couple shots at their competition
No and it also clarifies that the USFL doesn't start till April, many casual viewers may conflate the two leagues
4th&long
MVP

USFL year 2 Birmingham Tix Commercial

Post by 4th&long »

>> CHAMPIONSTALLIONS @USFLStallions
It's almost time to defend our title 🔜🏆

We'll see you in Birmingham, Stallions fans ➡️ http://bit.ly/2023USFLTix <<
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Per USFL podcast the league is running local ads and has started marketing in Cleveland