Bandits on the move?

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
laxtreme56
Coach

Re: Bandits on the move?

Post by laxtreme56 »

Either way you can't say the XFL is forcing the USFL to more markets, as that's been their business plan since day 1. Now if the USFL announces tomorrow all 8 teams are playing in their home market, then you may be on to something. The USFL will sink or swim on its own, regardless of what the XFL does or doesn't do.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

laxtreme56 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:52 pm Either way you can't say the XFL is forcing the USFL to more markets, as that's been their business plan since day 1. Now if the USFL announces tomorrow all 8 teams are playing in their home market, then you may be on to something. The USFL will sink or swim on its own, regardless of what the XFL does or doesn't do.
I disagree - its hard enough to get resources together and results for one spring league, 2 leagues may be too much, especially into an economy that's looking to reenter recession.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

My take is USFL is likely just making adjustments based on fan feedback of what fans said was important but are being picky about how they do it to stay in budget. My confidence in the USFL is pretty high, xfl I’m more wait and see more but I think USFL will make it to year 3 what happens beyond that is where I think it gets questionable
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:06 pm My take is USFL is likely just making adjustments based on fan feedback of what fans said was important but are being picky about how they do it to stay in budget. My confidence in the USFL is pretty high, xfl I’m more wait and see more but I think USFL will make it to year 3 what happens beyond that is where I think it gets questionable
Possible. But we have no idea until something official or at least is corroborated. Nor do we have drivers for the change, and how it fits in to the leagues undated goals and strategy.

One thing is certain, alt FB focus is shifting to USFL on this rumor.
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

Don't know how reliable this guy is, but YUUGEE if true.

laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

4th&long wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:19 pm
herns wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:06 pm My take is USFL is likely just making adjustments based on fan feedback of what fans said was important but are being picky about how they do it to stay in budget. My confidence in the USFL is pretty high, xfl I’m more wait and see more but I think USFL will make it to year 3 what happens beyond that is where I think it gets questionable
Possible. But we have no idea until something official or at least is corroborated. Nor do we have drivers for the change, and how it fits in to the leagues undated goals and strategy.

One thing is certain, alt FB focus is shifting to USFL on this rumor.
Well maybe the USFL should be more transparent then and announce their short term and long term goals😉
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

The big problem I see is the Ehrhart situation. Steve still claims to own the Showboats brand. He may have dropped his opposition to the USFL lawsuit but the properties on which he had direct dominion, that might be a bridge too far.

As I noted before, of the eight teams in the original USFL that were "revived" in name by the 2022 incarnation, only one—New Jersey and Donald Trump—is still alive, and that's only because Brian Woods actually acquired the trademarks legitimately before the USFL was established. The other seven are deceased or have no clear owner(s).
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

4th&long wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:39 pm
herns wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:34 pm
You beat me again Herns... With all due respect Mike where else in Michigan would they play? They are looking for TV ratings Detroit IS the MIchigan market.

>> Mike Mitchell
@ByMikeMitchell
Replying to
@cheesesoda

@Newsusfl and @Tony_Catalina
For what it’s worth. I am hearing Detroit as a very strong possibility for the Michigan Panthers. The USFL has been in talks with several locations in Detroit.
3:18 PM · Nov 6, 2022 <<
EMU's stadium in Ypsilanti would be a logical choice. If they are willing to go smaller, I know that Wisner Stadium was seriously considered by a certain minor-pro league about a decade ago (but abandoned after the rest of the league ended up based in the south and travel became prohibitive).

Obviously the Silverdome is no more, so that is out of the question, as is Ford Field and Michigan Stadium.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

This is so much better than the way the XFL handled the Guardians and Vipers.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
XFL Crusader
Receiver

Post by XFL Crusader »

Tank55 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:54 am

This is so much better than the way the XFL handled the Guardians and Vipers.
Transparency is always better.
Stallions and Vipers fan

2022 USFL Champions