Bandits on the move?

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
Tank55
MVP

Re: Bandits on the move?

Post by Tank55 »

XFL Crusader wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:06 pm Transparency is always better.
I don't think it's any more or less transparent -- my point is that it's smart to park the Bandits brand in case you do ever go back.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

I wonder when we'll find out what the Showboats look like uniform wise?
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

GDAWG wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:45 pm I wonder when we'll find out what the Showboats look like uniform wise?
We got a tease from the league in the announcement video, I’m wondering if they bring back the old helmet logo

GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

herns wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:52 pm
GDAWG wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:45 pm I wonder when we'll find out what the Showboats look like uniform wise?
We got a tease from the league in the announcement video, I’m wondering if they bring back the old helmet logo

Nope:

herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

GDAWG wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:29 pm

Nope:

I don’t think it means they can’t/wont use a version of the og logo on the helmet though
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

herns wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:40 pm

Nope:

I don’t think it means they can’t/wont use a version of the og logo on the helmet though
Probably an alternate logo. And the old logo is better than the new one.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

GDAWG wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:47 pm
herns wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:40 pm

Nope:

Probably an alternate logo. And the old logo is better than the new one.
I’m not a big fan of the old logo tbh but I’d like to see it on the helmets to connect with the past. But overall I’d say new showboats branding> og branding
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Whenever the USFL decides to expand again, one of the teams we know will be the Tampa Bay Bandits, but that may not be until USF gets the on-campus stadium that they are trying to build. Plus, I don't think the Bandits will be the last USFL team to go "on hiatus" as it would not surprise me if the Maulers do the same after 2023 if the plan is for the 8 teams to move into their own stadiums.

The Gamblers to Austin would be a fantastic option, especially playing at the Austin FC stadium. But it seems to me that the USFL wants to bring back as many of the cities of the old USFL as they can, which could be a mistake on their part. The USFL going to new cities that were not a part of the old league could be fun. The Gamblers to Austin and The Maulers to Columbus (Ohio) could add a little spice to the USFL.

However, the USFL seems reluctant to do that and instead wants to replicate as many cities in the old USFL as they can because they could have easily decided to continue the Spring League format of teams but no cities, which could have led to newer cities whenever they decided to place those city names with the teams. You then could have had places like Austin, Columbus and Raleigh to start rather than Houston, Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay.