USFL primetime?

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
MGB01
MVP

USFL primetime?

Post by MGB01 »

With FOX sprinkling Saturday night games into their college basketball schedule, and their MLS coverage being reduced to secondary (although they only had like four matches on broadcast FOX to begin with so it can't be much) maybe a couple more primetime windows? Maybe weeks 2 and 5 (the one that was on FS1 and the one NBC had), plus which ever ones ABC has for the NBA playoffs. All would obviously be done by the time their MLB starts up Memorial Day weekend.

Also, much as FOX almost exclusively had Birmingham (only one they didn't was coincidentally WWE night) it would be the markets with teams so they don't get the laugher of having 100 there if they're lucky.

I don't remember what the ratings breakdown was but this could be in play.
herns
Head Coach

Re: USFL primetime?

Post by herns »

MGB01 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:50 pm With FOX sprinkling Saturday night games into their college basketball schedule, and their MLS coverage being reduced to secondary (although they only had like four matches on broadcast FOX to begin with so it can't be much) maybe a couple more primetime windows? Maybe weeks 2 and 5 (the one that was on FS1 and the one NBC had), plus which ever ones ABC has for the NBA playoffs. All would obviously be done by the time their MLB starts up Memorial Day weekend.

Also, much as FOX almost exclusively had Birmingham (only one they didn't was coincidentally WWE night) it would be the markets with teams so they don't get the laugher of having 100 there if they're lucky.

I forget who but I remember one of the league execs saying the game windows is something they learned from and are going to change so I could se USFL on prime time for sure
4th&long
MVP

Re: USFL primetime?

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:37 pm
MGB01 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:50 pm With FOX sprinkling Saturday night games into their college basketball schedule, and their MLS coverage being reduced to secondary (although they only had like four matches on broadcast FOX to begin with so it can't be much) maybe a couple more primetime windows? Maybe weeks 2 and 5 (the one that was on FS1 and the one NBC had), plus which ever ones ABC has for the NBA playoffs. All would obviously be done by the time their MLB starts up Memorial Day weekend.

I forget who but I remember one of the league execs saying the game windows is something they learned from and are going to change so I could se USFL on prime time for sure
NBC and FOX will likely both use more lead ins for the games, I think that's whet you are recalling