USFL to CFL

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

USFL to CFL

Post by 4th&long »

That too...

>>3DownNation@3DownNation
Edmonton Elks sign three, including former USFL defensive lineman Malik Harris

https://3downnation.com/2022/09/12/edmo ... ik-harris/

#Elks #ElksCharge #Edmonton #YEG #CFL
CFL News and 2 others
5:20 PM · Sep 12, 2022 <<
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Re: USFL to CFL

Post by DavedaHammer »

Is Harris a good player? I recognized his name, but I rarely saw any USFL play. But the way Chris Jones runs his team, Harris is lucky he doesn't get cut by next week
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

He played two games and then played with Massachusetts in the IFL, so USFL to CFL is a bit of a stretch. I mean a guy that was originally drafted by the Panthers was all set to play in MLFB so, um, yeah.
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

The Saskatchewan Rough Riders are holding tryout camps in Atlanta and Dallas in late September to get ahead of the XFL Draft. It's a now official. the CFL and XFL are competitors for talent and against each other after the "talks" broke off
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

DavedaHammer wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:50 pm The Saskatchewan Rough Riders are holding tryout camps in Atlanta and Dallas in late September to get ahead of the XFL Draft. It's a now official. the CFL and XFL are competitors for talent and against each other after the "talks" broke off
That's weird that a CFL team would hold a tryout camp in the middle of their season, instead of bringing in a few players as NFL teams have done. Also the fact that it's one CFL team, that is also weird.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:22 pm
DavedaHammer wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:50 pm The Saskatchewan Rough Riders are holding tryout camps in Atlanta and Dallas in late September to get ahead of the XFL Draft. It's a now official. the CFL and XFL are competitors for talent and against each other after the "talks" broke off
That's weird that a CFL team would hold a tryout camp in the middle of their season, instead of bringing in a few players as NFL teams have done. Also the fact that it's one CFL team, that is also weird.
Guess this isn't a new thing, Edmonton did it back in September 2016:

But it is sort of :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

I'm assuming it's the same deal as if you did one in the NFL (they do exist, Benson Mayowa made the Seahawks off a regional tryout/combine and ended up carving out a nine-year career), just shifting timeframes probably cause of CA winters.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

MGB01 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:11 am

I'm assuming it's the same deal as if you did one in the NFL (they do exist, Benson Mayowa made the Seahawks off a regional tryout/combine and ended up carving out a nine-year career), just shifting timeframes probably cause of CA winters.
I just think it's weird to think that the Rough Riders are doing tryout camps in the middle of their season. Also, it doesn't mean that the CFL and XFL are competing for talent, because it only involves one CFL team, not all 9.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:20 pm

I just think it's weird to think that the Rough Riders are doing tryout camps in the middle of their season. Also, it doesn't mean that the CFL and XFL are competing for talent, because it only involves one CFL team, not all 9.
They are being smart, the CFL, USFL and XFL are all competing for the same players.
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

You can scratch off Taylor Cornelous off as a potential XFL QB because the Edmonton Elks signed him for two more years according to 3Downnation. Chris Jones probably signed him to keep Cornelious from fumping to the XFL
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

I think this telling. It's a prelude of things to come. The Saskatchewan Rough Riders are a proactive CFL organization and the most profitable team in the CFL. Look for other CFL teams follow their lead