2019 IFL MVP qb Daquan Neal has signed to the USFL

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
herns
Head Coach

2019 IFL MVP qb Daquan Neal has signed to the USFL

Post by herns »

This is the kind of signing I have been hoping to see for these spring leagues, get the standouts from small leagues real chances.

From the Sugar Skulls website “In 2019, Neal was named the IFL MVP, becoming the first rookie to ever do so. That year, Neal threw for 2,642 yards, 59 touchdowns and three interceptions while earning a completion percentage of
71% with the Iowa Barnstormers.”

He also recently tried out with the colts
GDAWG
MVP

Re: 2019 IFL MVP qb Daquan Neal has signed to the USFL

Post by GDAWG »

I do think it's a better idea for both leagues to go after these type of players at QB rather than the grouping of NFL Free Agents like Jake Fromm, Blake Bortles, Mike Glennon, AJ McCarron and Garrett Gilbert, all of whom ranging from mediocre to god awful. However, I would not mind the XFL or USFL going after former NFL camp bodies like Anthony Gordon, Cole McDonald, James Morgan, Ryan Willis, Nate Stanley, Brian Lewerke and Steven Montez.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:26 pm I do think it's a better idea for both leagues to go after these type of players at QB rather than the grouping of NFL Free Agents like Jake Fromm, Blake Bortles, Mike Glennon, AJ McCarron and Garrett Gilbert, all of whom ranging from mediocre to god awful. However, I would not mind the XFL or USFL going after former NFL camp bodies like Anthony Gordon, Cole McDonald, James Morgan, Ryan Willis, Nate Stanley, Brian Lewerke and Steven Montez.
Agreed, I think these leagues are going to find a good amount of star level players from the indoor and arena scene. USFLs mvp came from an indoor league maybe that’ll push them towards getting more arena guys and qbs. As for the Vets you named I’d like to see Garrett Gilbert just due to his time in the AAF where he was a star qb. The younger FAs and arena guys are where these leagues need to go all in on for sure
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:42 am
GDAWG wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:26 pm I do think it's a better idea for both leagues to go after these type of players at QB rather than the grouping of NFL Free Agents like Jake Fromm, Blake Bortles, Mike Glennon, AJ McCarron and Garrett Gilbert, all of whom ranging from mediocre to god awful. However, I would not mind the XFL or USFL going after former NFL camp bodies like Anthony Gordon, Cole McDonald, James Morgan, Ryan Willis, Nate Stanley, Brian Lewerke and Steven Montez.
Agreed, I think these leagues are going to find a good amount of star level players from the indoor and arena scene. USFLs mvp came from an indoor league maybe that’ll push them towards getting more arena guys and qbs. As for the Vets you named I’d like to see Garrett Gilbert just due to his time in the AAF where he was a star qb. The younger FAs and arena guys are where these leagues need to go all in on for sure
Not sure if there will be much coming from the Arena/indoor leagues but there will be a few.

Ryan Willis is a good QB and I see him in either USFL or XFL if not picked up by NFL PS.

Not sure about Garrett Gilbert, he's getting up there. He'd be good though. But playing 10 games could be what he needs to get back to NFL. I'm sure he'd get higher $ than the avg in either USFL or XFL. Maybe Woods TSL connection can get him into USFL. Of course he has to want it.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:14 am
herns wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:42 am
Not sure if there will be much coming from the Arena/indoor leagues but there will be a few.

Ryan Willis is a good QB and I see him in either USFL or XFL if not picked up by NFL PS.

Not sure about Garrett Gilbert, he's getting up there. He'd be good though. But playing 10 games could be what he needs to get back to NFL. I'm sure he'd get higher $ than the avg in either USFL or XFL. Maybe Woods TSL connection can get him into USFL. Of course he has to want it.
Out of the free agents with at least one NFL start, Gilbert is serviceable. The rest are just terrible though. Fromm, Glennon, Bortles and McCarron would potentially be the worst group of alt league QB's ever if they go that route.