USFL and Sloter Shout Out at NFL HOF game

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

USFL and Sloter Shout Out at NFL HOF game

Post by 4th&long »

At the 9:20 CST mark.... NFL HOF game

USFL got more than a passing word ... not too long but was good shout out and Sloter did too.
4th&long
MVP

Re: USFL and Sloter Shout Out at NFL HOF game

Post by 4th&long »

Jax started camp on 7/24 - thats 10 days with w/e
LV on 7/20 - that's 14 days with 2 w/e's

Even just a few days and Raiders looked better... was it the extra days likely, slightly better execution. Especially with 2/3 stringers and lower.

I think the XFL and USFL looked better, especially after a week or two. Plus they just pay harder. Granted its the HOF / preseason but with alt FB playing - preseason not as interesting.

Having said that - I was going to bet LV and didn't - :oops:

In all honesty NFL reg season has been starting out bumpy for years. Not will week 3 do they look settled. Too many in camp to focus on them and no longer utilize pre-season much for many starters.
Gopher123
Quarterback

Post by Gopher123 »

I was hoping for a better performance out of Sloter but he didn’t look 100%. It’s a shame he suffered that injury because I thought if he was healthy NO had something for Birmingham.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Gopher123 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:51 pm I was hoping for a better performance out of Sloter but he didn’t look 100%. It’s a shame he suffered that injury because I thought if he was healthy NO had something for Birmingham.
He's 9 days into camp with 90 players, expect it. For all the crap USFL gets - one thing about a small camp is you are practicing with your actual on field players.

He did fine. Will get a job in NFL? Indeterminate .
Gopher123
Quarterback

Post by Gopher123 »

4th&long wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:44 pm
Gopher123 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:51 pm I was hoping for a better performance out of Sloter but he didn’t look 100%. It’s a shame he suffered that injury because I thought if he was healthy NO had something for Birmingham.
He's 9 days into camp with 90 players, expect it. For all the crap USFL gets - one thing about a small camp is you are practicing with your actual on field players.

I don’t care how long he’s been there, that wasn’t my point. I’m saying he doesn’t look 100% physically and that his injury or injuries impacted his performance. You think he looked 100% moving around the pocket?
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Gopher123 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:49 am
4th&long wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:44 pm

I don’t care how long he’s been there, that wasn’t my point. I’m saying he doesn’t look 100% physically and that his injury or injuries impacted his performance. You think he looked 100% moving around the pocket?
I wasn't watching alot of the game. But what I saw looked better than on June 25th. I'm sure he's still not 100% like u say.