Mike McCarthy says the NFL teams were watching USFL closely

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
herns
Head Coach

Mike McCarthy says the NFL teams were watching USFL closely

Post by herns »

4th&long
MVP

Re: Mike McCarthy says the NFL teams were watching USFL closely

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:45 pm
That's the second HC (this one with a SB win in his pocket) says USFL played good football. For me it was for sure and more so it was fun and entertaining to watch. - That bodes well for all top Alt FB.

>>Mark Lane
@therealmarklane
#Cowboys' Mike McCarthy says "there was a lot of good football played in the USFL." Says it's great for young players that are at a crossroads and looking for another opportunity. Says the rest of the NFL paid close attention.
1:40 PM · Jul 28, 2022 <<

Great timing to with the XFL announcement earlier in week
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

I'm in favor of anything that makes the PFT squad look even dumber than they already do--it was July 14 when Florio lieutenant MDS (who I've said for years are effectively one and the same) said that the NFL wasn't impressed with any of the USFL talent, never mind we weren't even two weeks removed from the championship game.

How many will push somebody off the 53 right off the bat? Probably not many, but when teams start cycling through guys cause of injury or release will they be there? Yes. Hell the UFL had guys left and right that teams wanted to sign but the transfer fee debacle killed that (and helped kill the league too).
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:45 pm I'm in favor of anything that makes the PFT squad look even dumber than they already do--it was July 14 when Florio lieutenant MDS (who I've said for years are effectively one and the same) said that the NFL wasn't impressed with any of the USFL talent, never mind we weren't even two weeks removed from the championship game.

How many will push somebody off the 53 right off the bat? Probably not many, but when teams start cycling through guys cause of injury or release will they be there? Yes. Hell the UFL had guys left and right that teams wanted to sign but the transfer fee debacle killed that (and helped kill the league too).
MF is a lawyer ie- knows less FB than us fans do and for what ever reason (Fox maybe?) beats on a property that NBC has vest money via media rights in. You won't be seeing ESPN taking shots at XFL.

And he's a lazy F##k. He's more into SJW stuff like the WFT name than just having positive or at least honest open talk about FB. His focus is off, I like Sims better.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:31 pm
herns wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:45 pm
That's the second HC (this one with a SB win in his pocket) says USFL played good football. For me it was for sure and more so it was fun and entertaining to watch. - That bodes well for all top Alt FB.

>>Mark Lane
@therealmarklane
#Cowboys' Mike McCarthy says "there was a lot of good football played in the USFL." Says it's great for young players that are at a crossroads and looking for another opportunity. Says the rest of the NFL paid close attention.
1:40 PM · Jul 28, 2022 <<

Great timing to with the XFL announcement earlier in week
Definitely a good selling point for potential players
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Is someone forcing you all to consume PFT/Florio content?

Also surprised to learn that being a lawyer is mutually exclusive with being a football fan.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:54 pm Is someone forcing you all to consume PFT/Florio content?

Also surprised to learn that being a lawyer is mutually exclusive with being a football fan.
Shakespeare said "First things we do is kill all the lawyers" - :lol: :lol: not my quote

But my point is he's just a schlep non-Fb knowing lawyer and for him to say the NFL won't interested was stupid, now if he was a FB coach or player etc... maybe there's more credence but as MGB points out he sounds silly.

PFT however is a BIG fb website and its a shame he wasn't more gung ho on USFL. Plus I was just replying to someone else saying that
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Tank55 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:54 pm Is someone forcing you all to consume PFT/Florio content?

Ever heard the saying 'I do/read/watch it so you don't have to'? There you go.

He's supposedly pro-player, yet routinely bashes anyone that isn't a star. He's supposedly pro-alt league that plays on non-football nights during the NFL season, but never pushed the FXFL or UFL (although neither league adhered 100% to the plan) and the only league he half-did was the one whose opener he went to.

Believe me I don't complain about him, he's a constantly-giving gift. And his lieutenant MDS was the one who complained about bad quarterbacks in XFL2.0 with absolutely nothing behind it, to which I replied "Should we stop playing defense?"

So if you want to anoint me the board's PFT watchdog, I'll make that sacrifice :D
jimbo
Rookie

Post by jimbo »

I wonder which other NFL head coaches watched USFL games this year ;)
Astrology helps us understand our character traits, weaknesses, and strengths. Also, zodiac signs compatibility allows us to find the most suitable pair for us.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

jimbo wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:09 pm I wonder which other NFL head coaches watched USFL games this year ;)
Watched or had a scout check them out?

Raiders HC Josh McDaniels has said nearly the same thing as McCarthy BTW